Clutch problem

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
BornSticky

Clutch problem

Post by BornSticky »

Ive been driving my car mx-3 gs for just over a month now and just recently noticed when i got to shift down from first its like the clutch is out and grinds. It always has been kinda hard to shift into first and reverse but never did this. reverse i have to put it in nutral then shift into reverse or it only shifts in half way and rattles the gears a little.

Im kinda new with this just like 90% of us but i appreciate the help a lot!
92 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE Curve Neck, Probinator ECU, Full 2.5" exhaust with headers, cai, performance radiator, millenia alternator, 5spd, excedy stage 2 clutch, MTX 12" sub sony explod D series 600w amp, pioneer 260w deck, kyb on dropzone springs, HEI mod.
92 Mazda RX-7 (efini) FD3S urethane motor mount, Air intake, 18" Chrome rims besides that stock. SOLD!
93 Mazda MX-3 GS laguna blue full exhaust, cai, kyb shocks R.I.P. stupid jeep driver!
#5389 to join MX-3.com
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

How do you shift down from first? Is there a zero gear I don't know about?
Bradmx32003

Post by Bradmx32003 »

Was wondering the same thing... if there is then ive been missing out..
Red 1992 Mx-3 GS, all stock.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

ROLF!!!

ACtually, what speed are you trying to shift down at? I know I can't get down to 1st unless I'm almost at a crawl.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Nd4SpdSe wrote: I know I can't get down to 1st unless I'm almost at a crawl.
That's what it's supposed to do. I've never had a manual in any car that let me shift to 1st unless I was pretty much stopped.
BornSticky

Post by BornSticky »

I am shifting from second to first and when I shift like that it makes a grinding noise like the clutch is out at probably even 7 kmph
92 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE Curve Neck, Probinator ECU, Full 2.5" exhaust with headers, cai, performance radiator, millenia alternator, 5spd, excedy stage 2 clutch, MTX 12" sub sony explod D series 600w amp, pioneer 260w deck, kyb on dropzone springs, HEI mod.
92 Mazda RX-7 (efini) FD3S urethane motor mount, Air intake, 18" Chrome rims besides that stock. SOLD!
93 Mazda MX-3 GS laguna blue full exhaust, cai, kyb shocks R.I.P. stupid jeep driver!
#5389 to join MX-3.com
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

BornSticky wrote:I am shifting from second to first and when I shift like that it makes a grinding noise like the clutch is out at probably even 7 kmph
As said, you aren't supposed to be able to shift from second to first unless you come to a complete stop first. You'll grind a syncho every time trying. They assume once you're going already, there's no reason to shift to first again unless you're acceleration from a complete stop.
BornSticky

Post by BornSticky »

i feel stupid im just over reacting cause i just got it a while ago and there has been alot of little things that stop working or make clunking noise etc etc etc
thanks for your info
#5389 to join MX-3.com

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”