Questions about Turbo..

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
95Mx-3

Questions about Turbo..

Post by 95Mx-3 »

I just bought a turbo off a 323 GTX for my 95 4 cylinder mx-3 and i have a few questions since i dont know a whole lot about turbo.

i have just the turbo, what else am i going to need to put it on?and is that expensive to get the rest of the parts?
is it going to use alot more fuel when i drive?
how many hp, will it give to my car?

Any helpful idea's or suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

facko

Post by facko »

u need a manifold offa the 323, either a fmu, rrfpr, safc, or something like that to raise ur fuel pressure as boost goes up, a blow off valve and probably bigger injectors. it would be a good idea to get a boost gauge and an air/fuel gauge as well...the gauges are like 50-60 bucks a piece if u get decent ones, manifold, probably can get it for cheap...only paid 40 bucks for mine, blow off valve depends on how nice of one u get, i recommend the turbo xs type s, 100 dollars and it sounds good and isnt some cheap a-- ebay knock off, fmu's go newhere from like 50-100..depends on the brand and what kinda deal u can get...id get the vortech 12:1 ratio. thats all i can think of right off the top of my head..oh and u should definately get an intercooler, its not totoally neccisary, but personally i think it would be retarded not to run one. w/ all the extra heat that turbo makes i wouldnt wanna chance it w/o one.
BP swap -- Pacesetter Header -- Custom CAI -- Custom 2.5 Exhaust w/ a Thrush Glasspack and 40 Series Flowmaster -- SPEC Stage 2 Clutch Kit
swalltr207jg

Post by swalltr207jg »

unless you have a bp with predrilled taps for the turbo oil feed/return your going to need to do that as well, as well as for coolant for the turbo also.
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

I have an Extra water return pipe from a B6T if you need it. You will also need to get a banjo bolt for the Oil and Water holes in your block. I would also upgrde Fuel Pump and how many Miles are on the B6? And how good have you taken care of it?
95Mx-3

Post by 95Mx-3 »

my car has 160 kms on it. it has been really well maintained, everything gets looked after on it.
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

What are your plans for engine management? You can go with an safc just to make it easier.. I never trused that fmu crap.. Ive never heard of one working properly.
As they said you need a manifold, downpipe, water/oil lines, intercooler etc, You will most likely want to get some injectors which arent very expensive... but will help with fuel delivery. You can tune this yourself if you know a little about engines.. You need gauges to display what is going on.. the two most important gauges that you should get are boost, and a Wide Band air fuel meter.. They are around 400 bucks or so but it is the most accurate meter you can get. If you lean that engine out, espically on stock pistons, it will be no problem to melt the side right out of a piston or throw a rod. With a wideband you will know when you need to add fuel. DO NOT get one of those crappy ones that dont display a number and just have leds bouncing back and forth.. This runs off the stock oxygen sensor and is basically telling you NOTHING.
With that you should be in good shape.. The most annoying part is the plumbing for the intercooler piping. You can get a place to do up some mandrel bends.. and if you cant find any place local then just buy the U bends off ebay and you can get them cut and welded to what you need.
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
95Mx-3

Post by 95Mx-3 »

thanks for the useful info guys, its defintly going to be a big help to do this project right.
facko

Post by facko »

i just wanted to say my fmu has been working just fine since its been on there and that was last april....incase u cant afford the safc at the moment (like yours truely :( )
BP swap -- Pacesetter Header -- Custom CAI -- Custom 2.5 Exhaust w/ a Thrush Glasspack and 40 Series Flowmaster -- SPEC Stage 2 Clutch Kit

Return to “Forced Induction”