KL-ZE newbie help

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
soulja

KL-ZE newbie help

Post by soulja »

ok over the past two weeks i have been unable to get my engine to idle right or pass emmisions. so I will be looking into a swap

what should I know?.. first off im in canada/ontario, where should I look that sells them?

also..most importantly..what about emmisions test?, how do they treat a 1.8 v6 mx3 with a 2.5 in it?
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

ok. first off you can use the search feature to search for stuff cause its all over the site.

you can try osaka motors or engineland as they have motors in your area i beleive.

when going through emissions they will still treat it as a 1.8L and since you will not have a EGR it may make it harder for you to pass as the 2.5 ZE has less emission controls. Maybe a DE?
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

DO NOT BUY FROM OSAKA!!!!!!! THEY ARE THE DVEIL
soulja

Post by soulja »

so the 2.5 ZE is treated as a 1.8 ? oh crap..isnt that hard to pass emmisions? what about this HOT ROD status im hearing about (being in ontario) does that really work?.

..where the heck do i find a place that sells ECU's? :(
raidermaniac

Post by raidermaniac »

mxmaz wrote:DO NOT BUY FROM OSAKA!!!!!!! THEY ARE THE DVEIL
agreed,and i'm speaking from experience
soulja

Post by soulja »

okay, any other places in canada then?
raidermaniac

Post by raidermaniac »

soulja wrote:okay, any other places in canada then?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KLZE-KL- ... enameZWDVW
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

Engineland sucks to... speaking from experience, but I suppose you could physically check out the motor before buying / shipping, they are in montreal.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Use these members names for your search parameters Nd4SpdSe and Macen. This should get you going.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
mx34u2nv

Post by mx34u2nv »

"hot rod" status, as a was told by ontario drive clean, is going to the dealer getting them to look at your car and engine deciding that the engine is not available in any north american car from the factory, and gives you a certificate that says your car is a hot rod. You then take this cert. to the e test(which you still have to do!) and they test it to 1980 standards. The standards for emmisions in 1980 were not all that high, so unless you got gas comming out the tail, you'll be all right.

My ze passed emissions fine. I took it to the mazda dealer in london. they tested it as a k8.

where in ontario are you?
Full fx designs body kit, Apex lowering springs tokico struts, walbro fuelpump, klze, 17" sachhi wheels, b'm short throw shifter, ractive frount and rear tower bars, kl36 ecu. all for sale....pending
Macen

Post by Macen »

Black '93 GS-RL KL-DE
White '95 RX-7 Type R Bathurst
http://macen.nullnet.com

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”