intake manifold

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
fieromx3
Supporting Member

intake manifold

Post by fieromx3 »

ok im wonderin is there a difference between the kl-03 and the k8 intake manifold? if i bought the kl-03 and put it on my k8 would there be a power gain? because i can pick one up for like 30 bucks tomorrow
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Probably a power loss since the KL is for a 2.5 meaning the runners will be different and thus the air flow will have a great disturbance. The answer then would be to port match the K8s head to the KL intake, but the gain then would be nominal at best. The work to port match would be to remove the heads from the car and then dremel them to match. This would aslo require new gaskets and alot of time. So keep the K8 and if you want a KL intake do the DE or ZE swap.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

The port inlet on the KLDE is the exact same as on the K8DE, so I don't know what you're rambling on and on about.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

its actually a mm or 2 bigger, but noth worth it.
jkpgt96

Post by jkpgt96 »

Yeah, any size difference is going to create turbulance in the air flow, save the 30 bucks for something worth your while..
Laser Red '96 GT-12:1-IBeams-10k RPM-EXT. OIL PUMP-COLT ONE-OFF CAMS-CUSTOM LONGTUBES-SHEETMETAL IM-BUILT HEADS-125 SHOT-PAR 3/4 GEARSETS-MFACTORY LSD-ETC..SHOULD BE A FUN RIDE..:thup:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/542054

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”