new engine for mx-3

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
fieromx3
Supporting Member

new engine for mx-3

Post by fieromx3 »

ok my stock v6 engine is pretty much fried[edited]. i really want a new one now and soon. does anyone know where i could get an engine for a good price and one that runs perfectly! i checked fnfmotors and corksport but im uncomfortable ordering through them cause i dont know the condition they r in.
[read the rules]
Last edited by fieromx3 on July 21st, 2005, 2:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

O M G, you may get raped on this post :twisted:
killerpickle

Post by killerpickle »

A turbo charged GM ecotec engine? Are you crazy? Like the one from the cobalt maybe? That would cost some serious money. I would not like to be the one to wire that up to our cars :)
On a serious note, that engine does not impress me at all. A mildly turbo or supercharged KLZE would be more feasible.
Tom Alexander
93 MX3 GSR - KLZE / stage 3 clutch / PRM Intake / 2.25" exhaust - dual 3" outlet
full custom black and red interior / KLZE ECU / JE50 VAF
http://home.cogeco.ca/~mx3/ - updated dec 1/03
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

ok forget about that
Last edited by fieromx3 on July 21st, 2005, 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Here you go. Maybe you'll have better luck than me. Don't ask too many questions though. http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=43590
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

MX-3 = Mazda + Mazda

MX-3 does not = Mazda + GM motor, thats simple

kida like that marriange = man + woman thing
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

fieromx3 wrote:im not puttin an ecotec in it i just wanted to c what ppl would say to it. we have an alero they r fast the ecotec is an awsome engine. im not sayin a ze is crap compared to it the ze is an impressive engine
aleros are not really fast + the ze bolts right in the ecotec would take forever
to put in.
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
MX-3 Money
Supporting Member

Post by MX-3 Money »

DavidOS wrote:
fieromx3 wrote:im not puttin an ecotec in it i just wanted to c what ppl would say to it. we have an alero they r fast the ecotec is an awsome engine. im not sayin a ze is crap compared to it the ze is an impressive engine
aleros are not really fast + the ze bolts right in the ecotec would take forever
to put in.
Ya thats a good way to waste a lot of time and money. Plus you wouldn't impress anyone on here.
1993 MX-3 GS 5 spd, KL-ZE swap, kl31 ecu, 110 amp alternator, Unorthodox Underdrive Pulley, SSautocrome headers, High flow cat, Pacesetter high flow cat-back, B&M shortshifter, Clear Sigs/Sides.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Ill sell you my k8 for cheap I just bought me a klde. HAs new timing belt and full service done to it.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

i dont want another k8. my goal for this car is to make power. im not into looks that much i like cars that can perform. i like speed and a hell of alot of power. i want a kl-ze or kl-03 and put a turbo on it and do everythin possible to the engine and squeeze every last bit of horesepower out of it. my main motive for this is because i wanna keep up to my brother with his fiero when he gets a 3.8litre supercharged engine.
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Your stock engine is screwed or you just dont like it?
My suggestion would be to look into places where you live that sell KLDE engines. You might be able to find one with just only 20k miles for very cheap. Or you can get one with alot of miles for a price of atleast $300 and you can end up building it up to for a turbo.

Or you can go for a KLZE...

By the way, your idea about putting a Ecotec engine in a MX3... I am just going to forget I heard that
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
Conscript

Post by Conscript »

This might just have to go into the running for the 'Worst Idea Ever Concived' award 8)
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

Why is this post even still here?

The whole thing needs to be deleted.
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

Last edited by fieromx3 on September 16th, 2007, 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Noone's bought an engine off of Corksport here. They're a ripoff. Try using the search button.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”