O2 Clamp

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
phredren

O2 Clamp

Post by phredren »

I've got a MX3 cylinder head on my B6T bottom end in my Festiva. Since I'm using an MX3 ECU, you guys know the answer to my problem. Anyway, I just got my car running again and now I'm trying to tune my engine (1994 B6DE ECU and wiring) for proper fueling under boost. I'm using an EManage wired to the air meter, 330cc GTX injectors and I've got a Zeitronix wideband O2 system with the narrow band output hooked up to my Autometer air fuel gauge so I can tell where the AFRs are. Anyway, when I'm driving along and I step on the gas, the AFRs still oscillate between lean and rich whereas with my old setup (B6T ecu) the AFR would go to rich and stay there. So any fuel I add will be pulled out by the stock ECU because it's trying to keep the AFRs where they should be for a non-turbo car. That, and there would be no way to read what the baseline fuel ratio is because it is never a constant AFR.

The problem I believe is that the ECU is still reading the O2 signal, and when the turbo produces pressure, the stock FPR kicks up the fuel pressure through the 330cc injectors and then the AFRs go way too rich, which is seen by the stock O2 sensor, causing the ECU to pull fuel.

So, has anyone else had this same issue, and if so, how did you overcome it? I believe I need to find an O2 clamp device, that tees into the O2 signal line and then under boost sends a proper O2 voltage so that the ECU won't pull fuel.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

i dont know if its the same on the 4 cyls as the V6s, but when my TPS was out of adjustment it wouldnt go WOT and read rich on my A/F gauge and still occilate
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

I have that problem with the BP right now, What I do is just kick up the MAF/VAF signal by loosing the spring and that has seemed to help.
mazda20

Post by mazda20 »

Long time no post....

Has anyone actually installed the O2 Clamp on the mx-3, I am planning on it, I Radio Shack'd one together, but I am not sure about it. If anyone has good links to nice write ups on the O2 Clamp especially for the MX-3 than I would really appreciate it.
94 Mazda MX-3 BPT Custom Intake/Exhaust T3/T4, 51mm BOV, Tial WG, 2.5" Piping, 880cc Inj, Godspeed Intercooler, TEC II
My MX-3 Website

Return to “Forced Induction”