plug wires loose on spark plugs

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
blzeredMX

plug wires loose on spark plugs

Post by blzeredMX »

numbers 1 and 3 cylinders are loose could this cause power loss of any kind i mean i know it can but significantly enough to where it feels like i have vtec in around 3500 once and awhile it will feel like i just gained an extra 20 horse
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

plug wires should just snap on plugs, are your plugs loose?
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Typhoonk

Post by Typhoonk »

Sounds like cheap wires, that have heated out and are out of shape (the metal clip on the end is out of shape and weak).

U could try to bend em a little (might break though.......), or get some electrolyte gell and put it on the wire before u pop em back on. :D

I'm looking into some wires soon, maybe u should too.

any suggestions from the community on brand or type?
-------------------------------------------------------
Got to sell one of my cars to cover the bills
2002 Mazda Protege 5 - Manual, Blue colour fully loaded
PM for info
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

msd, moroso blue max, mallory all good brand wires
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
ryanlindenberg

Post by ryanlindenberg »

if you pull the wires off the plugs when the engine is hot there is a possibility of bending the "clip" on the end of the wires...the tip of the spark plug gets hot when the engine is warm and causes it to expand and "lock" into the plug wire.

this has never actually happened to me, i just read it on the magnacore website...which are the wires that i am currently waiting for to arrive in the mail.
CARDOMAIN WITH UPDATED PICS
"There are 2 kinds of pedestrians, the quick and the dead."
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

im using accel thunder sport 8.5 mm wires with ngk iridium plugs and they are working very well
95 rs with custom short ram air, b&m short throw shifter, probe 2.0L header with 2 1/4" exhaust all the way back, catco high flow cat, apc high flow muffler with 4.5" tip, accel 8 mm wires, blaze red, cf altezzas, gun metal 17" mr7s, slotted cross drilled rotors on the way with hawk hps pads, red and white interior, other then that its stock.
jkpgt96

Post by jkpgt96 »

The metal clips on the ends of the wires could have gotten stretched out, some needle nosed pliers can bend them back to normal..
Laser Red '96 GT-12:1-IBeams-10k RPM-EXT. OIL PUMP-COLT ONE-OFF CAMS-CUSTOM LONGTUBES-SHEETMETAL IM-BUILT HEADS-125 SHOT-PAR 3/4 GEARSETS-MFACTORY LSD-ETC..SHOULD BE A FUN RIDE..:thup:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/542054

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”