engine flush

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
lucky13

engine flush

Post by lucky13 »

Has anyone done an engine flush? Sometimes I see the reservoir with brown dirty water. I think it keeps on clogging up the radiator.
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

if you mean your rad is clogged then your looking for a rad flush. you can
get any jiffy lube or whatever your drive through lube shops are for like 30 bucks. 10 minutes job and its done.
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

you mean brown coolant? did you check oil? does it look milky? maybe a sign of blown head gasket
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
mdavis

Post by mdavis »

When I first did my swap the only problem was that the coolant wasn't flowing through the block. I borrowed a ratiator water gun from a friend's shop and blew that s--- out. kinda cool
GS-R SE
Fixin's
neutral
Supporting Member

Re: engine flush

Post by neutral »

lucky13 wrote:Has anyone done an engine flush? Sometimes I see the reservoir with brown dirty water. I think it keeps on clogging up the radiator.
Yea, you're talking about a radiator flush rather than engine flush. Brown discolored coolant usually indicates old coolant and rusty corrosion/scaling in the cooling system. You can get a professional power flush or for DIY, try a bottle of rad flush from any autoparts store. Just be sure to follow the flush-mftr directions and be sure the system runs clear before refilling with fresh coolant.
Image -Jim

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”