Take advantage of the moron
85%
Be honest and not take advantage
15%

Total votes: 13

Dominicanchu_Nmbr1

Bad luck, or good luck?

Post by Dominicanchu_Nmbr1 »

Ok. Here's the story. the day before yesterday i go out and find a scratch on the passenger side from the rear tail going to the front of the door... dammit i think to myself... but then i try to blow it off cuz i'm thinking of doin' that wide body kit with the cardboard (wonder what happened to that other guy's project on here?)... so then yesterday morning i'm outside. A bus... a big bus, is comin down the block trying to get in a driveway next to my house. this guys goin back and forth for like 20mins. i tell him... you know what, lemme move. the guys all like, no its ok, i got this... so i'm like, OK! not even 30 seconds pass, and the dude eats my driver side door. now both of doors lambo shocks are screwed, my fender's got a dent, my driver's side door has a scratch the size of the window on it, and i'm left dumbfounded. so yeah, bad look... but, now that he said he'll pay for it all, should I be the jerk and take advantage of the situation to get enough $ to pay for both of my shocks and a whole new paint job? :twisted: my dark side is callling me.... :twisted:
-=[Irving A.]=-
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Considering the age of your car to begin with.. your paint will have faded some anyway.. My personal opinion would be to take him to the cleaners. Especially since you offered to move your car to begin with and if he had let you.. no damage would have occurred. I know a lot of people and places that claim they can match paint perfectly.. but I have never seen a perfect color match on a car with aged paint. Maybe I am too picky. But I would be annoyed if my door was a different color than the rest of the car and doubly annoyed by that if it could have been prevented if the dumbass had listened in the first place. Just my 2 cents.

Tunes67

*Edit* I suppose how far I took it would depend on his attitude.. the more I think about it that would be a factor. If he was apologetic and cool about the whole thing.. eh.. I would probably hit him up for half the cost of a complete paint job plus the cost of the shocks. If he was a mental midget and copped an attitude.. I would call a lawyer and have his house and the souls of his children. But thats just me :twisted:
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
jrors
Supporting Member

Post by jrors »

You might as well get the paint job. After all, he wrecked one of your doors and and the other things you mentioned .So as for as that goes, go for it.
If you fall, then get back up........Luck favors the prepared
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Take advantage of it
Thats what insurance is for
If you cant deal with the heat, stay out of the kitchen

You did file a police report, right?
I seriously hope you did or else, this is even more BAD LUCK

If he dosent have insurance however, take it easy on him
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
Dominicanchu_Nmbr1

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: so many evil suggestions... yess! i will do it!

But I'll hold on the paint job. to be honest, its only faded on the roof to my surprise. the clear everywhere else and the color is pretty nice on the rest of the car..... but yeah, i did offer to move the car and he said it'd be ok. He asked for it. I'll get money from him for a paint job... I just won't paint the car with it. time for new lambo shocks, new struts for the car, and since gas is rediculously expensive now, gas money...and a new steering wheel too... my list is getting longer... guess i'm gonna have to squeeze him eh? :twisted: thanks for the motivation guys!
-=[Irving A.]=-
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

his insurance should pay for it
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
tw1st3d_cl0wn
Supporting Member

Post by tw1st3d_cl0wn »

His insurance should cover it. If he wants to pay it out of pocket instead of going through insurance, don't trust it. And I hope you filed a police report. Do it the right way, call your insurance and his insurance company as soon as possible if you haven't already.

You said he wanted to pay for it all, which to me sounds like "out of pocket". They always want to pay out of pocket until you give them the estimates you got for the work, then they all of a sudden blow you off. I know from experience. Doesn't always work out as smoothly as you want.

Anyway, good luck, sorry that happened.
Dominicanchu_Nmbr1

yep yep yep! its been done! he won't believe what he's gonna get in the mail in the up and coming days...ouch!
-=[Irving A.]=-
Legato626

damage.

Post by Legato626 »

I say take the advantage man. It was his falt that he hit you, so why do you not have to worry about it. he pays for it not you so i say screw him it was his stupid move not yours. but in my mind i would have moved my car anyway just better safe then sorry i always say.
1994 toyota supra single turbo
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

If god owned a car... It would be a supra!!!
tw1st3d_cl0wn
Supporting Member

Post by tw1st3d_cl0wn »

Yeah, the guy screwed up and hit his car, but that doesn't mean that he should take advantage of the guy. I wouldn't want someone taking advantage of me for a mistake, and I wouldn't take advantage of someone who hit me. I think the guy should pay him what is due for the damage he caused, and that's all. I know I'm going against what most of you seem to think....and maybe I'm too nice or whatever, but it just seems wrong to me to do that.
Legato626

damage

Post by Legato626 »

Ya thats what i mean make him pay for it all not your falt he hit your car. That would piss me off if i had lambo doors and he took one out. OO he better pay for it all to get fixed man.
1994 toyota supra single turbo
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

If god owned a car... It would be a supra!!!
Hoodzy

Post by Hoodzy »

it all depends on waht kind of guy he is

if he wasa nice guy and seems like he's overall a good guy then make him pay for what he did
otherwise if he comes off as a P#$( then take him for all he's worth

what goes around comes around though!!! haah
http://www.cardomain.com/id/hoodzy13" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.id-studio.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.behance.net/CollinH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1995 Creek Mica Blue GS
sk8erdude28

Post by sk8erdude28 »

you guys are bastards!!!!

Make him pay for what he wrecked, nothing more, nothing less. Imagine if you were in that position... You acidentally rear end someone. they have a custom bumper. The guys now decides to make you pay for a while new bumper, and to paint the whole car, cause he doesn't think he can get it color matched. You'd be shitfaced. I know I would be.
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

The guys now decides to make you pay for a while new bumper, and to paint the whole car, cause he doesn't think he can get it color matched. You'd be shitfaced. I know I would be.
Have you ever had a car with a good but older paint job, be hit to the point where they have to replace a panel and repaint the panel? I have.. paint matching a paint job thats over 3 years old is practically impossible. I concur that I dont think its right to take the guy to the cleaners if you are just going to spend the cash on something else.. obviously if the paint job doesnt mean that much to you.. scamming the guy would be wrong. But I can tell you point blank that if I was in the same situation and I actually cared about my paint job.. I would definately demand enough for a complete new paint job and repair of the damaged parts. But I would also spend the money on a paint job and the repairs. The guys attitude would definately factor into how I handled the situation. On the other hand.. if my car was a POS.. eh.. who cares.. what it comes down to is.. how much damage was done.. how much you care about the car and what the guys attitude was like. But I can tell you.. that if I offered to move my car and was told not to worry about it.. and then the guy hit my car anyway.. I would be pissed beyond belief ;)

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
Dominicanchu_Nmbr1

...about two years ago, my mom dinged, (and seriously, it was nothing more than a ding), a 94 bmw 5something series. the dude took her to court to sue for like 3grand... insurance comp. delt w/it, ended up payin the damn guy, and my mother's insurance skyrocketed.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: my evil side beckons and calls to me... dooooo iiittt. doooo iiit... the guys pretty cool. we ordered both shocks for doors, and they should get to my house while i'm in north carolina. the car will be in storage till then, and the body work will be done when I get back. Irv needs new paint, Irv is gonna get it! oh yeah, I am a bastard!!! :twisted: :twisted:
-=[Irving A.]=-

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”