a few questions...

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
93mx3v6

a few questions...

Post by 93mx3v6 »

hey, i have a 93 v6

im wondering if its possible to switch the dashboard from the 94 to my 93.
i perfer the circular vents and find that that dash looks a little better.

can i take a dash from a 94 and put it in my 93??

also would the rear spring and strut pass. side on a 94 1.6 be the same as on my 93 1.8??

oh, and also my car does not have A/C, is it possible to install this? and if so from which car shoudl i get it from (i would get it second hand from a yard) details. :)

thanks for any info guys.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Yes all of this is possible, the HVAC hookups may be different on the newer dash because they use a button style dash..Also, the springs are identical i am pretty sure. I have a 1.6L on the front so I am guessin it works, however, if you have ABS there is not bracket for the sensor. A/C is also possible but is is a larger job, there is hookups and sutff for it, but u need all the parts and that may be hard to get. good luck
Last edited by solo_ryder on July 3rd, 2005, 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
93mx3v6

Post by 93mx3v6 »

alright thanks.

i will get the 1.6 strut and spring then. saves me alot of money.
i figured A/C would be hard to do, and probably costly.

but mainly, i want to change dashes. so you said it can be done, but what am i looking at here? will i get in the middle of it and find that my heat wont work, or that my fan only has 2 of 4 speeds or something?

i just need a little more info on that before i attempt it!
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

If you change the dash you have to change all the heater parts unde rthe dash too as the 94+ use an electronic on and the 93- use a manual controller. As for the strut, the RS are weaker than the GS and you will get poor handeling. Replace it with a GS strut and spring. As for the AC just go and pull everthing AC related from a MX that has AC and the intall will be difficult, but if yu decide to do it then you need to do it at the same time as the dash swap cause you'll need access to under the dash to install it.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
93mx3v6

Post by 93mx3v6 »

excellent. thank you very much.
Pigman

Post by Pigman »

Since I'm in Quebec and your in N.S. shipping might not be too bad... I've got a 96 GS with A/C that is becoming a non A/C car soon, I already have the 93 PGT belt. I'll keep everything for you if you want. Mine needs to be re-filled, but all the parts are working A OK!

Keep me posted.
R.I.P Dimes

Fool me once, shame on you!!!, fool me twice...shame on me!!!
93mx3v6

Post by 93mx3v6 »

so you have everything ill need for A/C??

how much are you asking for these parts?? all in total not incl shp.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”