Were to get a SWAP Done in Canada?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
dreckis

Were to get a SWAP Done in Canada?

Post by dreckis »

I live in vancouver Bc and would like to get the KLZE swap anyone know a place in canada to buy the engine and to get the swap done in van??? if anyone can let me know thanks!
m92_MX3

Post by m92_MX3 »

your driveway ?
CTC Racing
92 1.6L
93 323 Tranny, ACT clutch, Exhaust, cold air intake, MSD Blaster 2 coil, MSD 8.5mm super conductor wires NGK V-power platinum plugs,engine dress up,custom interior(almost done), GS front bumper, GS 5 spoke wheels Painted white.
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

"driveway" lol I like that one
RoundTop

Post by RoundTop »

I'd almost drive to down Corksport in washington and have them do it. they have done it before, so it should take them less time with less headaches.

So far I haven't found a good mechanic's shop in vancouver yet for the MX-3.

If you want one for an RX-7 though, I know just the one (Tekam Automotive in burnaby, rotary engines only).

Sigh... RIP my Metallica Grey 1985 1st Gen RX-7. It went to a better place... namely a parts car for Tekam (engine was shot, rest of the car was getting old).
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

RoundTop wrote:Sigh... RIP my Metallica Grey 1985 1st Gen RX-7. It went to a better place... namely a parts car for Tekam (engine was shot, rest of the car was getting old).
A moment of silence please...............................thank you...............LOL
Maybe Taras in Victoria might know of a good place.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Devilhog

Post by Devilhog »

Just walk in to mazda dealerships and talk with their mechanics in the back and ask if anyone wants to do the swap on the side. I know Kramer mazda up in Calgary was awesome about that sort of stuff when I lived in Calgary, but thats too far away for u.
D323

Post by D323 »

A-spec.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

D323 wrote:A-spec.
An even longer drive to Toronto.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
bmwm3guy

Post by bmwm3guy »

im gonna have to agree on the driveway... its really not that hard of a swap at all... :)
Chiggles

Post by Chiggles »

Sure, if you already have pre-existing and established mechanical knowledge off hand, but for the mechanically illiterate and pathetically innocent individuals like myself, I'd rather pay to have someone do the job RIGHT, then to try to DIY and more than likely run into problems.

Hmmm.... I didn't know the guys at Kramer Mazda were taking sidework.... As another suggestion, if you're getting you're getting your engine from the guys at JDM Source, I hear Shoaib knows a guy he can refer you to for the swap work after you buy the engine from him. Team_mazda something or another can let you know more about that... (sorry, V., couldn't remember what your exact alias on this board was).
ooELMOoo

Post by ooELMOoo »

any luck so far?im in vancouver and also looking to do the swap
----------------
| CUSTOM X3|
----------------

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”