JRORS - 1993 MX-3 RS

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
jrors
Supporting Member

JRORS - 1993 MX-3 RS

Post by jrors »

Hello ladies and gents, this is my 1993 MX-3 RS. When I first got my baby some months ago, she had a busted transmission, was bone stock and even had a missing lug nut! :cry: Poor baby!....

However, a little over a $1000 later, she is back in business! And this time, with Eunos sideskirts from my trusty sidekick... Ebay! :lol:

Once again, my trusty sidekick Ebay, has come through for me! And this time, with Euro gauges, floor mats and on top of that, the GS spoiler that you see here! (I consider my self most fortunate also, because I was able to obtain both the sideskirts and rear spoiler in the same color as my baby!) I'm on a roll guys! :)

However, the icing on the cake had to be these great looking 17" Enkei rims I scored off of our fellow MXer, Fictionaldaydream. He's a cool dude, that gave me a even cooler deal on these hot looking rims! Thanx J! Also, later on, I put Yokohoma Avid series tires on them. 8)

The next few pictures are after the wash and wax I gave her today. Now, I live in the country and we have our share of dirt roads out here so go easy on me about all the dust that's on her guys. Please tell me what you think about her and you all have a wonderful evening. :lol:

If you fall, then get back up........Luck favors the prepared
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Wow man... I really like your RS, super clean! I like the Eunos skirts to! keep up the good work! I think it would look greeat if you got a mazdaspeed front nose or just a GS lip, then amybe lower it :D props to you for keeping it clean.
jrors
Supporting Member

Post by jrors »

Thanx a bunch solo_ryder! As a matter of fact, I plan on getting the Mazdaspeed front bumper and dropping it at least a inch front and back and also a paint job, (!same color!) before the years end. However, I'm in the market to get a Alpine deck and pairs of Boston Acoustics in her for under $500 now. But I'm pretty sure I'll have to add a additional $100 to that bottom line! OH WELL!!
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Very nice looking, most MXs in red look like crap now, but that is a beautiful car. props
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
tw1st3d_cl0wn
Supporting Member

Post by tw1st3d_cl0wn »

Amazing how much different the car looks after a wash and wax. Looks good!
jrors
Supporting Member

Post by jrors »

PATDIESEL and tw1st3d_cl0wn, thanks alot for the props! I really enjoy keeping her clean and my preferred wax of choice is Zymol. I've used many other waxes in my lifetime, and nothing has come close to the shine that wax gives it! And not only that, the cool thing about that wax is that after you wax it and buff it all out... spray a light mist of water over the car, then buff it again...AND OH MY LORD! The paint looks like it is kinda lifted off of the metal itself a little bit! YES, the shine is really that tight! When I did it like that when I got her home from the dealership, a buddy of mine stoppped by and not knowing what type and year the car was, he automatically assumed it was a 2000 year model because of the "shine" of the paint alone!! So if you have a decent paint job on your ride and you want to make the paint really shine, then this Zymol is a must in my book.
Also, while my car was sitting up for a little while, while I was saving up for the tranny and install, I installed the euro gauges myself and in the process, I ended up snapping the fuel gauge needle. However, I went and bought a used gauge cluster off of ebay for $50 and that time around, I went ahead and unscrewed the gas and temp gauge from the back and after that, it was no problem at all putting the euro gauge on it and then I round up hooking it up to my headlight wires and I have never had a problem at all! Those euros in the car does a great job of looking cool in the day and even greater at night. I only wish I would have taken pics of the step by step process of the install to help out the guys here that have trouble with the install sometimes.
Thanks again guys!!
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

looks clean
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
jrors
Supporting Member

Post by jrors »

Thanks mitsmax!

Also, had it not been for this site, there's no way I would have found so much info inside and out about her and being a part of this highy regarded and respected community has been a huge advantage as to the way she was when I bought her, vs., the way she is now.

Thanks everyone and a big up to you Jeff!
Teal_93

Post by Teal_93 »

Nicest Red MX-3 I think I have seen yet...Good Job
mattrastaman

Post by mattrastaman »

those sideskirts make all the diff all u need now is the front lip, rear mud guards an to lower it a touch and u will have reached perfection
The supercharger kicked in... and im like... cya
jrors
Supporting Member

Post by jrors »

Thanks Teal_93 and mattrastaman! I enjoy keeping her clean both inside and out as I personally feel that you can tell by the way a person keeps there car in good order if they truly like it or not.
Also, I got a Alpine deck and 2 pairs of Boston Acoustics for $505 and I am very pleased with the sound quality of them. I at first wanted to go with Cerwin Vegas, but the Bostons had me sold on the overall sound quality so I feel great about the investment I made today!

Thanks again guys and have a good evening.!!
RaverChankoMX3

Post by RaverChankoMX3 »

Yea, very good red MX-3.
jrors
Supporting Member

Post by jrors »

Thanks RavenChankoMX3! And she'll look even better when I get a Mazdaspeed bumper! :D
RaverChankoMX3

Post by RaverChankoMX3 »

jrors wrote:Thanks RavenChankoMX3! And she'll look even better when I get a Mazdaspeed bumper! :D
It's my favorite=) You should also get a oem CF hood and some black rims with a polished lip and call it a day :D
jrors
Supporting Member

Post by jrors »

It's my favorite=) You should also get a oem CF hood and some black rims with a polished lip and call it a day

Sounds like a sweet idea... but I've made up my mind on just the Mazdaspeed bumper same paint job color and I'm keeping the rims and I'll drop her later! 8)

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”