Parting out car! Will deliver to Kelowna.

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
Darcy

Parting out car! Will deliver to Kelowna.

Post by Darcy »

Earlier this spring I practically wrote off my '93 RS (no collision insurance) and have had it parked for the last few months taking up valuable retail space in my garage.
I want to get rid of it, but before I part it off in the general buy/sell forum, I thought I would ask you all first being that I can hand-deliver all of this stuff and not worry about postage and packaging.

I have already stripped a few things off of it to put on to my new '93 (BP baby!) but there are still lots of good items left. The interior was the black/teal.

These items I do not have: passenger headlight, wiper blades, hatch garnish, center console lid, door panels, black interior hatch pieces, possibly the rear seat, door locks/mechanisms, and anything that looks busted in this pic:

Other things that are available:
A set of honeycomb rims with about 80%+ rubber left (Nodic Icetrack) or
A set of honeycomb rims with about 60%+ rubber left (All seasons)
Pair of 6.5" Infinity Reference component speakers with passive Xovers
Brand new Oil Pressure switch (in box) in case anyone needs one
Brand new Radiator -- had only a few hundred Kms on it
Three Blue/Teal 12" fluorescent lights (12V)
Black OEM sunroof
Tan-coloured rear interior trunk pieces

*In the event that my broken ankle prevents me from driving out myself, I can not guarantee being able to deliver the larger items
Last edited by Darcy on June 20th, 2005, 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
RoundTop

Post by RoundTop »

hey darcy,

I take it the car is black?

I'm interesting in a couple things:

a) the trunk jack storage bin cover (the plastic thing that makes it look like the side of the trunk.
b) if the price is right (and colour black)\the front right fender if it is in mint shape. mine got a little banged up.

just let me know what you want for 'em.
Darcy

Post by Darcy »

Hey

I don't have any of the rear interior pieces left from my black car as I put those in my new car. Mine actually got busted when my sub thrashed around in the trunk.

I can bring out the passenger fender though, I believe it is in excellent condition too. How does $50 sound?
n_o_s_21

Post by n_o_s_21 »

looking for the hood, pass side signal lite, pass side marker lite, wiring for both, and frt bumper. will pay a bit extra for freight, but wondering about prices for all this stuff.(i need the pass side h/lite too but I read it's not available. if you know where I an get one complete, let me know)

Thx

Will
RoundTop

Post by RoundTop »

$50 is cool for the fender.

damn shame about the trunk bits, oh well.
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

Is it just a factory replacement Radiator??
Darcy

Post by Darcy »

Yes, a factory OEM-compatible radiator. Wasn't any high-perf one. Paid C$290 for it. It's practically in mint condition.
Darcy

Post by Darcy »

Hey Will, let me know about the bumper as soon as you can! I've got limited amount of time and physical ability to get that thing apart and packed in my car. It should fit in the car, so if you have room too, I'll bring it out.

I sent you an email, so let me know if that works. I think the prices are fair, but let me know if you have any other offers.

I'll have the fender out there, James. You needed the inside plastic piece too, right?
Jarago

Post by Jarago »

Hey

do you have a distributor, coolant temp sensor, or front sway bar links?
Darcy

Post by Darcy »

Greetings new guy.
I have the distributor, temp sensor, but it was the stock RS model so no front sway bar (unless i'm thinking the wrong part)

Give me a shout some time if you want to come grab the stuff. I'm up in the NW (by Confederation Park/Queen's Park Cemetary)
681-2592
Taras

Post by Taras »

RS's did have a front sway bar, just no front lower suspension brace. Good luck with removing sway bar links though.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
Jarago

Post by Jarago »

Darcy wrote:Greetings new guy.
I have the distributor, temp sensor, but it was the stock RS model so no front sway bar (unless i'm thinking the wrong part)

Give me a shout some time if you want to come grab the stuff. I'm up in the NW (by Confederation Park/Queen's Park Cemetary)
681-2592
new yes..but I'm gonna try to be as active as I can here, because the ppl here are so helpful, hopefully I can contribute too.

How much for the cooling sensor? I don't need the disty anymore, because I found one really cheap with a warranty, but I'll def pick up the sensor.

I'm new here to calgary, so I don't know how to get anywhere at all (still have the NB plates on my car). Does the bus or c-train go by there? if it does, I'll get there no prob soon to pick it up from you.

Thanks alot,

Cliff
Darcy

Post by Darcy »

Hey Cliff

I'll check on the sensor's condition. It was still working and a new one goes for around $30, so probably $10 should do.
The sway bar links are going to be a bugger to get off I'm sure. I tried to remove my rear ones last winter and IIRC I just gave up :)

Unfortunately there are no bus or ctrain routes by my place, but I can drop off the parts when I have a chance to get them off. I work in the south but live up north, so I can probably drop them off easily enough.
Jarago

Post by Jarago »

If you cant get the links off, that's ok. I'd like to get that sensor from you whenever possible. I live in the south on 25ave down by 2nd street...everyone else seems to know where that is, so I'm guessing you do too. I'd def pick up that sensor and slam it into the car so I can make sure everything works again...I work 35 mins outta town, so this is getting really rough on me right now, and I still know nobody here in calgary except those who I work with.

Thanks alot, and just write me back with any info you want / need and I may still end up buying more parts off you if I need them / if you have them

thanks again :)

Cliff
Darcy

Post by Darcy »

wow. that's really close to the Elbow river! Were you evacuated and stuff?

PM me your address or phone number and i'll see if I can drop them off sometime after work this week. (I drive past your place home most days)

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”