Looking for KLZE

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
solo_ryder

Looking for KLZE

Post by solo_ryder »

I am looking for a KLZE, can u guys lead me ina direction to do so? I live int he interior but I am willing to drive to vancouver to spot one out, can anyone let me know of a good place to get one?
Taras

Post by Taras »

Last time I checked (a few months ago), JK Japanese had a few kicking around with a straight neck. They are on Mitchell island in Vancouver.
http://www.jkjapaneseengine.com/

THey are better to deal in person.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Yea i have heard mixed things about JK...How hard is it to put in the straight neck? do u know if you can go see the motor?
Taras

Post by Taras »

Straight neck has been done, but with difficulties. You can always get a curved one. Yes, JK guys will let you go see whatever you want and poke around. Me and Kev have a stroll on thier warehouse when we go there.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Ok sweet. So hopefully they have a curved neck there. What kinda signs should I look for when i go look at the motor. What should I do to make sure it is in good condition?
ratkon

Post by ratkon »

Taras did you get your klze from corksport,and if so did they also do the install for you ?
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

I am thinking about getting a KFZE now...its abit more affordable and I just really want something that runs good...any ideas on this?
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

solo_ryder wrote:I am thinking about getting a KFZE now...its abit more affordable and I just really want something that runs good...any ideas on this?
kfze is a good motor 170hp 130tq. The straight neck intake manifold on them causes the same fitment problems as the straight neck klze. But you can use a klde intake manifold on it. I am pretty sure custommx3 still has the kf15 ecu for sale as well. I'd love to hear some track times with that motor cause it wont have traction issues like a klze mx3.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

yea i am REALLY debating what to get...now I am think about a KLDE or just another K8 from jdmsource and just do that till the rest of my car id one... haha, its hard to find a good motor. I just need something that is RELIABLE cuase I have had 2 motors that suk. my k8 and my old KL03 in my 93 626. both had bad rings....if anyone has a lead for me i will consider it!
ooELMOoo

Post by ooELMOoo »

Hay solo..im in vancouver as well and looking for a good klze. This site looks good and someone told me the are actually in canada but am not surehttp://www.jdmenginedepot.com/catalog/index.php...if u find out anymore info let me know......i am also wanting to find someone in vancouver whos has installed one befor.....i rather pay a fellow mx-3er who has done this swap befor than a shop that charges WAY tp much and doesnt know how to do it.....[/url]
----------------
| CUSTOM X3|
----------------
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

hey elmo...Yea, I finally was distrot and hauled my a-- down to the local performance shop we have here (split decision) and talked to the owner about a motor...I know he could get them so we chatted and he phoned me today and told me some good news.

He knows a guy in van whos brother lives in japan, he hand picks the motors and sends them back to the guy in van and supposably there top notch motors (waiting to be seen). This enigne IS a KLZE witha curved neck manifold, he also can get straight necks.

I thought the price was gonna be bad but he says around 1000$ plus about 100$ shipping to where I am (vernon BC). I'll keep you posted as how it goes. I am also looking into a LSD if one of the 5 motors he is sending here is lucky engouhg to have one paired to it.

ps. I am also doing the swap myself, thx to me reading wayyyy to much info on here I am a nerd now lol. :lol:
ooELMOoo

Post by ooELMOoo »

any news on it ?
----------------
| CUSTOM X3|
----------------
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Yea, still waiting! he said another week and a half and once they have one in I make a down payment.....man I dunno what to do If I dont get one soon my mototr SUCKS... I also gotta get a clutch but thats minor, I am just gonna get a OEM probe one since I am not a really hard driver :lol:
ooELMOoo

Post by ooELMOoo »

Im going down to my japanese import guys at the junk yard on monday...they usyally have them in stock...i will let you know details on them....have you got a kl31 ecu yet ?? if u have msn add me buzyhands69@hotmail.com
----------------
| CUSTOM X3|
----------------
DoctorP

Post by DoctorP »

Did you have any luck ?? I am in Van and am looking to find a good KLZE locally. Havent had much luck yet but Im still looking. Let me know how you made out please.

Scott
Damn cars!!!

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”