weathers getting hot(think of your animals)

Off-Topic Discussions
monty73741
Forum Moderator

weathers getting hot(think of your animals)

Post by monty73741 »

I been in my house for a year now i moved in last september so the summer was over. My whole house a/c is broken & my a/c guy was a little busy so me & my roomate were just tuffing it out. It was about 80% humidy the other day & my roomate came home to the dog, just laying there panting, & not getting up. After getting her some water & a cool bath I rented a window unit. Please every one think of your pets, in the car or in the house, Our dog is the most loyolist & most pleasent tempered animal ever(except she hates flies with a passion). I would have been upset to loose her since we had her since she was a puppy.

jason danaher
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
MX-3 Money
Supporting Member

Post by MX-3 Money »

Indeed, well said!
1993 MX-3 GS 5 spd, KL-ZE swap, kl31 ecu, 110 amp alternator, Unorthodox Underdrive Pulley, SSautocrome headers, High flow cat, Pacesetter high flow cat-back, B&M shortshifter, Clear Sigs/Sides.
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

yeah and dont leave your pet in the car. YOU dont like sitting in a car in the blazing sun so why would your pet.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

We have a black lab and she has a fenced kennel outside. She's got got her dog house (one side is devided and had straw), than she has a wood "deck" with artificial shade (made of those aluminum panels from those old sheds), the rest is just fence and cement tiles. SHe likes it so much that's it's not uncommon to see her laying down in there when she has the roam of the yard, although it's the last place you look, thinking she wandered off.

She's a big baby, when were home, she does this puppy bark when she wants to come in the house, but she doesn't get the roam of the house, she's allowed to go downstairs where she'll lay down on the cool cement floor, or she'll stay by the back doorwhich is actually pretty cool in there now since my dad replaced the door. On a really hot day and were inside, she'll either bug to go outside, we'll put her outside if we see her panting too much, or we'll just keep her in the kennel, or if we're just in the living room. and she's been behaving, she'll go lay down on the front porch, which has sun only at sunrise or sunset, and we can watch her though the front door, just in case.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

lol dont have any of those weather is too hot situations here. Most of this month it has be around 7-10 celcius everyday.
ratkon

Post by ratkon »

mxmaz wrote:lol dont have any of those weather is too hot situations here. Most of this month it has be around 7-10 celcius everyday.
Your in the wrong part of canada :D
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

You mean there is a Right part of canada? :shock: :lol: :laugh: Just joking guys ;)

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
Flashpoint2

Post by Flashpoint2 »

You mean there is a Right part of canada? Shocked Laughing Laugh Just joking guys Wink
Lol! You know, I used to chat with alot of americans, and I always get a kick out of telling them the temperature up here.. It seems that many americans think that the temperature drops 32 degrees as soon as you cross the border :) I've seen people come up here with skis in the middle of summer.. too bad its 32 degrees.... CELCIUS! :D Oh, and sometimes they thin that Montreal is an hour from the Peace bridge here in Ontario... not even close. :D
1996 MX-3 RS - Sold.
2004 RX-8 GS - Yay!
D323

Post by D323 »

Being from TX, not too many here can say that they have it "hot" where they live compared to here.
exdream_mx3

Post by exdream_mx3 »

Pennsylvania not too bad heat wise. This past week though was a killer. Hazy, Hot and Humid!!!! Gotta love it! lol
GregoryChristian
Supporting Member

Post by GregoryChristian »

Here along the Gulf Coast we have around mid 90% humidity during Summer with all the moisture feeding from the Gulf waters making it unbearable.... just hope we don't get no MAJOR Hurricanes
Flashpoint2

Post by Flashpoint2 »

i wouldn't wish a hurricane on my worst enemy.
1996 MX-3 RS - Sold.
2004 RX-8 GS - Yay!
sweetmx3

Post by sweetmx3 »

Last week hear in Niagara with the humidex it was 41 degrees celcius ppl that were visting from Cali and Florida were complaining that it was to damn hot here.
Meep

Post by Meep »

Its a relatively nice 81° F here today with the humidity at around 53%. Its been a little cooler around here this summer since we've had about 10 inches of rain more than normal. Although, some days the heat index has reached above 100° according to the local newspaper and weather people.
relisys_3200

Post by relisys_3200 »

...and please everyone wear sun-screen. Tans may be cool now, but you wont think so when your 65 with skin like leather and the possibility of skin cancer :?
Brandon
1992 MX-3 GS-ZE

Return to “Off-Topic”