windsheild/hatch window seals??

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Joey's mx

windsheild/hatch window seals??

Post by Joey's mx »

Does anyone know if the seals arounf the windshield and hatch window are expensive?? Do you have to get them through mazda or a window repair shop??
Blotto

Post by Blotto »

Not sure, but I would like a reply to this also. There are some bubbles in the paint in a small spot right next to the rear hatch glass on mine and I may have to take the glass out to get it patched before it gets painted. So I'm assuming I will need a new seal also.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

The "seal" is just cosmetic. The acutal seal is silicone sealant around the glass installed by Mazda when the car was made. You can remove the "seal" that is cosmeic by pulling it out, but it will probably tear and the only place to get a new one is Mazda. I can't remember off hand what they want for it, but of course it is not cheap. As for painting around a seal, they shouldn't remove the glass if they can do it any other way. You risk them breaking it. They can peel the seal off the car and tape it back onto the glass and paint the body all the way up to the glass without removing hte seal or the glass. The glass is old and brittle by now. I'd give 100/1 that it breaks if you or even a professional try to remove it. Mazda only sells the glass in the hatch b/c it is so dificult ot remove or place into the hatch.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Legato626

windsheild

Post by Legato626 »

I just replaced my windshield and mine costed like $40.
1994 toyota supra single turbo
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

If god owned a car... It would be a supra!!!
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Re: windsheild

Post by jschrauwen »

Legato626 wrote:I just replaced my windshield and mine costed like $40.
Don't know the actual cost but when I had the front windshield replaced the glass shop put the new trim in. Not sure if a generic window trim/seal was used or if it was an actual OEM piece. A glass place could answer that better.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas

Return to “Appearance”