*Legal * Drag Racing - Fridays Nights In Cayuga (TMSP)

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
Nd4SpdSe

*Legal * Drag Racing - Fridays Nights In Cayuga (TMSP)

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

There's been some inquiry about drag racing at the Toronto Motorsports Park in Cayuga, so i'll post some info:

Every friday night, they have what's called "Fast and Furious Fridays", basically the track is open from 7pm to 11pm, and you get to make as many runs as you want or possible (depending on how busy it is). It cost $20 for racers, and $10 for spectators. On a busy night, you can make as little at 5-6 runs, on a slow night (risk of poor weather or near the end of the season) you can pull off an easy two dozen runs. Weather has to be dry, if it's raining they will not open the strip. If there is a risk of rain, if's their call if they will open the track or not, so it's always good to check the weather forcast and call ahead to make sure, but sometimes their decisions are last minute. If they do decide to open, and it does get rained out, you keep your wrist band and use it a a credit for your next run that season.

The environment is extremely friendly (well, the one time I did go last year I did see a few kiddies in swapped 13sec Civics, they were pretty ignorant). Rivalries do get created, but it's all in good fun. You can even get the person lining up the the cars for the races to allow you to go against a specific person.

As for the races, you can win 2 ways, on paper and on track. On "Test-and-Tune" nights (F&FF incl.), your time doesn't start until you leave the starting line, so you can technically wait until the guy gets to the end of the track, than go, get a faster time, and on paper you beat him, but on the track you lost. It's this way so people can practice their launches. Now you still need to wait for the green light for the OK to go of course, but you get the idea. But honnestly, you get too caught up in wanting to beat the guy beside you to think about perfecting your launches :D

When you go to stage to race, this is the point where you can get nervous, especially on a busy night, where the whole crowd if focused on just you and our opponent, especially if you've never done it and don't know exaclty how things will go, but you get used to it, especially after your first win. Honnestly, it can't be any worse than my absolute first time. The car on the left got the signal to go, so i though I was suppose to go too, but I left the car in neutral, and paniced and tried to shove her in first, but it won't do it when the rev are high, so the gear grinded, than when the revs dropped I got her in gear and went, but I didn't realise that I didn't even get a signal to go, so I never got a time. And all this was caught on tape by a friend of mine that I bought to the track. So if you want a worse-case senerio to embarass yourself at the track, you really can't beat that.

If you car's not modified, there are a good amount of stock vehicles, but they send to be a miniroty. If your going by yourself, I may or may not be too enjoyable because of this, but if your with a bunch of people, it's still very enjoyable. A K8 vs BP would be interesting to see :wink::wink: . If you have a ZE, take a pick of anyone there, it's rare you get your a-- handed to you, unless you race a 9 second Mustang (the worse is when you already seen it race, than go against it later).

http://www.torontomotorsportspark.com/d ... d05800.jpg

1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Mad_Medeiros

Post by Mad_Medeiros »

I'm there quite a few fridays so HELL yeah im down with this

cept this time I may be in either a b16 powered civic or a gsr integra whichever I buy

and no im not a trader
stock 93 GS, 5 speed
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

are prices in CAN funds (obviously) seems bit high, here you can do same stuff at local track for $8 to race $6 to watch..used to be $5
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
sweetmx3

Post by sweetmx3 »

ya mitmaks those r cdn funds.
mx3grlsikride

Post by mx3grlsikride »

i went last year just to watch the races.....it was very entertaining...theres alot of sleepers out there...we should organize a meet for one friday soon and cruise there and check it out....we did that last year and had a few cars go up together
WhEn WiLl MY BaBY Be CoMplETe??? ...NeVeR.... HAHAHAH!!! Always finding better upgrades!!!!
http://members.cardomain.com/mx3grlsikride

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”