charge light not coming on

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
johnboi85

charge light not coming on

Post by johnboi85 »

ok, so when you first put your car to on(engine not running) all lights on the dash are suppose to be lit. my charge light doesn't come on. also my alternator isn't working so i need to replace that, but what i want to know is that the light should come on while the engine is running am i correct? if i put my new alternator on will the light come back alive with the engine off? thanks
bp mx-3
Domnknpimp

Post by Domnknpimp »

check the plug on the alternator. Theres one wire that screws on, which is the power wire. Then theres another plug that plugs in to it. Make sure that plug is completely cliped in to the alternator, the charge light will not work if this is not pluged in. while your at it, make sure that the power wire is not loose.
reaper of souls

Post by reaper of souls »

hey i just went through alot worse the first thing you should check is the light itself if it's burned out (as dumb as this sounds) the charging system wont work i'd try that frist but also check your plug on the alternator and the battery terminals if they are lose the battery wont charge
Image 96 X-90 4x4, 16v custom ram air intake lockers front and rear with 5.83 ring and pinion.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”