o.k. guys here's my problem . . .

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
ktm_girl82

o.k. guys here's my problem . . .

Post by ktm_girl82 »

I have a 92 mx-3 just did a engine swap 1 month ago 4cyl , anyways it's studdering after it warms up ,like it has not enough fuel going to injectors, i have changed fuel filter (didn't help) tried new cap and rotor (didn't work) plugs are new, and just passed emmisions so it's not the cat and wondering what the f#&* is wrong with this piece of crap i have a good guess that it might be an injector but don't know any suggestion would be a good one! thx R.C.
What

Post by What »

what swap and has it been doing it since the swap?
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

Make sure there are no hairline cracks in the large ribbed rubber air intake hose. If it's not the prob, at least you'll rule it out & only takes a few minutes to remove the hose and flex it while inspecting. Sometimes very tiny cracks develop between the ribs which then will allow extra unmetered air into the intake stream. If you find cracking, a tight wrap of duct tape will give a temporary fix until the hose is replaced.

This problem can mimic poor fuel flow because that extra unmetered air isn't offset by additional fuel since the VAF/MAF can't measure the leaking air coming into the intake air stream. While the engine is running from a cold startup, the fuel mixture is extra rich and idle speed is higher so you wouldn't necessarily notice a problem in this scenario until the fuel mixture leans out for normal operation - like the problem you are describing...
Image -Jim
ryanlindenberg

Post by ryanlindenberg »

does it do it at all RPM ranges? could be your TPS.
CARDOMAIN WITH UPDATED PICS
"There are 2 kinds of pedestrians, the quick and the dead."
sweetmx3

Post by sweetmx3 »

wat about when udrive if so maybe fuel pump but like neutral said check for hairline cracks in the intake hoses and vac lines.
ktm_girl82

Post by ktm_girl82 »

thanx for your imput guys but i fixed problem who would have thought a freakin plug could cause so must b.s. oh well i just had to tighten the end so it would fit on the plug better well at least there is some info if it ever happens to anybody else . . . right thx guys
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

so what swap did you do?
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”