EGT Temps

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
BuGS

EGT Temps

Post by BuGS »

What are good EGT Temps? I don't have a wideband and the closest dyno is 3 hrs over a MTN pass so I want to tune my car as good as I can. Also this is for the Probe being right behind the Turbo in the downpipe.
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

You should be around 1400*F with the Air/Fuel gauge (narrow band) showing at least 3 bars green on the Auto Meter gauges under WOT. This should put your AFR around 12.5-12.8:1. The Auto Meter Gauges can read upto 12.1:1 AFR. At light-medium load (throttle) you should be on the rich side of stoich. Just crusing I believe the EGT's around supposed to be 600-800*F. As load increases your EGT's should rise and your AFR needs to get richer to keep the EGT's in the above mentioned ranges. Also keep in mind that if your adding fuel and the EGT's are still going up instead of coming down as you add more fuel it means your running to rich. Running too rich will wash out the rings over time. This is why you need to use the Air/Fuel gauge and EGT gauge together.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
FroSTeD

Post by FroSTeD »

On the highway, my EGT is ~ 1200. Cruising in the city it's around 8-900.

At WOT, my A/F is either at the last bar of stoich or the first of rich (green).

When not accelerating much or cruising, it is moving from nothing to the middle of stoich.

I use the bp26ECU & wiring.

Return to “Forced Induction”