Spoiler Installation

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
hooper

Spoiler Installation

Post by hooper »

Hey,

I know I've asked before, but I was wondering if anyone could give me some detailed instructions on how to install a stock gs spoiler on an mx-3.

I know that hatch garnish is gunna have to come off... what would be the best way to get it off?

thanks a lot
BLue STeeL

Post by BLue STeeL »

Alright man, i did this last year with the help of people on this board. Here is the complete step by step and if i miss something i hope someone will catch it.

1. Remove the side plastic pieces of the trunk. One screw per side. Rest are clips.
2. Remove the rear plastic piece of the trunk. I believe its all clips, you have to unscrew the brake light cover first though. they just turn and pop out.
3. I dont think there are any other plastic things, so look up and you will see 6 bolts. I think its like a 10mm or 12mm socket to unscrew those and the garnish should lift off.
4. Line up the spoiler bolts with the holes in the trunk and drop in that spoiler.
5. Do up the screws.
6. Pop back in all plastic and i think its good to go.

I hope this helps. It's been a while so I hope i didnt forget anything. If you have any problems than email or PM me. Good Luck!
92 MX3 GS
92 MX3 RS - for sale ask for details

Return to “Appearance”