Not so Totaled!!

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Ricksmx3
Supporting Member

Not so Totaled!!

Post by Ricksmx3 »

Yes i totaled my mx this mourning. So all that money i just poured into getting it fixed is back down the drain. And to top it all off my insurance dont cover my car just the car that i hit. So i wont be getting my car back and wont be fixing it just getting some stuff off of it (if they let me) and selling. It has been fun meeting all of you guys and thanks to all the people who helped me since i have been here. I guess this is me signing off and saying goodbye to the mx-3 community it has been fun.
Last edited by Ricksmx3 on April 27th, 2005, 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2010 MazdaSpeed 3
MarkMoore

Post by MarkMoore »

i hate stories with sad endings :( i'm sorry to hear about your misfortune, but at least it sounds like u're ok... ever consider buying another mx-3? it'd be sad to never set foot in another mx-3 again....
1992 GS/RS Mutant Automatic
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

Wow, that sucks. Don't leave for good, bro. Get another one! What other car could you find for under $3K and actually enjoy driving?Also, I'd think that you could get any parts off your old car that you want. Since the insurance co. isn't paying you anything for it, you still own it. Just make sure it doesn't stay at a wrecker for very long.
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
Oh yeah, I have a stock ATX 92 RS too.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."
Ricksmx3
Supporting Member

Post by Ricksmx3 »

I am in the middle of trying to get it away from the wrecker place so i dont have to pay storage fees. And i was just going to let them have the car but they wont let me get anything out of my car until i pay them the wrecker fee and get it off their lot. So i am getting it towed over to my inlaws house and i will go from there. I was looking at the car at the wreckers and it only looks like the hood, bumper, radiator and the crossmember (or what ever that thing is that runs on top of the radiator) needs to be replaced. Of course the headlights and maybe other little things that are broke inside but dont think there is any frame damage at all. But i dont know i will find out more later today and let you guys know. And as for gettign another mx i know where ones at that the original owner is selling super clean but wants $3900 for it.
2010 MazdaSpeed 3
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

Sorry to here it rick. I guess bad things happen to good people. If you do decide to leave the comunity, it'll suck cause we won't get to talk about UFC in the chat room anymore. Glad to here you're in good shape though. If you end up junking the car, keep an eye out on Ebay for one. Some dude that just joined the forums got an RS for like $200 or something
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
Ricksmx3
Supporting Member

Post by Ricksmx3 »

K guys some good news (i never get tired of saying that). My father inlaw reffered me to soneone to fix my car. Went there asked them about it and they say no we dont do that kind of work. So i ask them where they would refer me to cause i dont have alot of money. They send me to a place and i walk in the door and to my surprise there is an mx-3 on the rack. I was like oh yeah this guy knows what to do and now i can show him what is wrong with my car. So i get to talking to him try to show him on that mx what happened to mine and he says yeah this one is the third one i have fixed. So now my hopes are up cause hes been around mx-3's for a while now. So then the conversation continues and he says get it here i wont charge you any storage fees give me a couple days to find out what i need get the parts and then all i have to do is go pay for the parts he needs and he will fix everything paint included. And then i can make payments on the other work he did. So it looks like in about 2 weeks i will have ym car back. Dam it feels so good to know that i am getting it back.
2010 MazdaSpeed 3
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Sorry to hear that happened to you Rick.. But it looks like you found the Silver lining in any case. I hope it works out for you.. And of course.. I am glad you wont be leaving the community :) Best of luck man..

Tunes67
Ricksmx3
Supporting Member

Post by Ricksmx3 »

Yeah i hope my luck of finding deals nevers runs out or better stated i hope that i dont have to look for them anymore. As for the passengers my girlfriend hit her head on the windsheild and cracked it but shes is ok and is at work doing fine. The passenger in the car that i hit is fine but she went to the hospital for back pain. But she also told me that her back always hurts when she gets nervous so if she tries any crap i can throw that back in her face. But she seemed like a nice lady and didnt seem like she wanted any trouble so i think it will all work out in the end.
2010 MazdaSpeed 3
jrors
Supporting Member

Post by jrors »

I'm glad to hear everyone is ok and wow!! You're getting your baby fixed!! :lol:
If you fall, then get back up........Luck favors the prepared
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

dont worry rick it will all work out bud:)
even when it seems the worst you will get your mx3 back one way or another:)

you can find good ones for cheap in the US... see ya soon bro:)
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

Bad news but looks like you'll be lucky and get away with it!

How bad is the other car? Good thing you had third party insurance!

Best of luck with it!
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
Ricksmx3
Supporting Member

Post by Ricksmx3 »

Other car isint that bad at all. If you look at it without out looking for damage you could never tell. But if you get close and look the bumper is cracked and thats about it. I hit the brakes so hard and my nose dove right under the rear end of her car so i got the worst end of the deal. When i took and droped the car off at the body shop we lifted the folded hood and got to looking at it and the main frame supports that run along the sides of then engine arent even touched. So i have no frame damage at all just the radiator support and other stuff like lights and of course radiator. Plus the front bumper wasent touched at all either just bent the bumper supports down. But i will find out the real damage tomorrow afernoon when he calls with the news of what i need so i will update tomorrow hopefully.
2010 MazdaSpeed 3
ManoWar

Post by ManoWar »

good luck man. It doesn't sound that bad. I will say that 500-1000$ should fix it all up.
Ricksmx3
Supporting Member

Post by Ricksmx3 »

Well not the greatest of news today but still not to bad. He called me and said that he had been working all day on my car and trying to find the parts that is needed to fix it. Said he like to never found anything for my car until he went online and found a guy near charllotte (about 2.5 hours away) that has every part i need to fix my car. Parts: hood, headlights, radiator, condensor, cooling fans, radiator support (or what ever that thing is called that runs over top of it) all hoses and other little things he needs to put all my s--- back on straight. And all of that is going to run me $850 including him going to get the parts. So i say no way i have that money so i will just come pick my car up...then he says well how much can you come up with today...i say i dont know let me get on the horn and see...he says well if you can come up with $500 or $600 he will pay the rest and go ahead and go pick up the parts...i say thank you i will see...call my boss ask him and he says yes i will loan you $500 and dont worry about paying me back until your car is all taking care of...i say thank you very much..call the guy who has my car back and tell him..he says good deal lets get it done. So now i have to give him the money tomorrow mourning and he will go get my parts and put my car back together for me. Hes not going to paint the hood cause i told him not to to save me money. But then he says after i pay him off for the labor and the parts save a little money and come back and we will work out payments on gettting my whole car painted and fixed. So wow what an adventure must have put about 1000 minutes on my cell phone today but thats ok my work pays for that also.
2010 MazdaSpeed 3
MarkMoore

Post by MarkMoore »

awesome!! :2thumbsup:
1992 GS/RS Mutant Automatic

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”