Installing spoiler / front lip ?

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
hooper

Installing spoiler / front lip ?

Post by hooper »

Hey,

can anyone help me out? I need to install an OEM gs spoiler on my mx3 which has no spoiler as of now, just the hatch garnish.

I also need to install an OEM front bumper lip.

The parts will be coming in the mail soon and I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to install them... the bumper lip probably isn't too hard, but I just need to konw what I'm going to need and stuff.

I don't have too much experience with this stuff so all help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks a lot

-mike
sweetmx3

Post by sweetmx3 »

not exactly sure about the spoiler but for the lip it is just a simple bolt in.
cashmoneyspeed

Post by cashmoneyspeed »

For the rear wing: you have to take off the rear panel that surrounds the little glass window on the back of the car first. then there will be 6 studs on the wing that holds it on with 10mm nuts. Thee is also a sort of push clip in the exact center of the wing that will "pop" into place when you push on it(carfull when taking your garnish off that you don't break this one) You'll get a better picture when the wing is sitting in front of you.

I'm not sure what is supposed to hold the garnish on. Whether it's the same as the wing or its screwed on since my garnish didn't have anything and i had to make my own studs out of plastic screws and washers to hold it on.
SOLD - 93 GS Custom intake, exhaust, phenolic spacers, port matching, front upper strut bar, 17" wheels, dragon body graphics, black/white interior, sound system, tints, altezza tails & 3rd brake altezza, g-force front

'94 Caprice - rolling fast and low on 20's along with some custom goodies

'86 Regal - Hydraulics, custom wheels, custom paint, shaved, phantom top, leather, power, and lots of chrome

'92 - New import project in the works, should be out in '09
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

sweetmx3 wrote:not exactly sure about the spoiler but for the lip it is just a simple bolt in.
uhhh... No, it is not.

If your car did not come with a front lip, then you have to drill the holes for it and line it up correctly and everything.

It took me a full afternoon to get it done.

However, I kept the bumper on-- which was dumb.

Do yourself a favor and take the front bumper off before you try to install it. Its a lot easier!
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
ertaisi

Post by ertaisi »

The bottom of my bumper has several what appear to be unused mounting holes, I'd assumed it was to bolt-in the lip spoiler.
'95 RS: RIP
sweetmx3

Post by sweetmx3 »

uhhh... No, it is not.

If your car did not come with a front lip, then you have to drill the holes for it and line it up correctly and everything.

It took me a full afternoon to get it done.

However, I kept the bumper on-- which was dumb.

Do yourself a favor and take the front bumper off before you try to install it. Its a lot easier!
Iam sorry i meant if u already had the holes predrilled like i do on a gs front bumper.
bmwm3guy

Post by bmwm3guy »

I just installed mine last night. It took about 20 minutes and I just used the holes that were already drilled into the bottom of the bumper.

BTW for all of you that doubted the quality of the lips that my friend was selling, it was installed with NO problems, and was absolutely flawless.

Return to “Appearance”