Ok...so I put a Hooker Aerochamber on the GS...

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Pigman

Ok...so I put a Hooker Aerochamber on the GS...

Post by Pigman »

Sounds "ferariish"...I freekin' love it!....I had 2 of them, never used, left over from my 9C1 caprice....BUT......

HOLLY DRONE BATMAN!!!....between 2-3k, drones alot in the car...I can live with it though!!

I worry about the sound police a little, we'll see!

But I recomend them in a heartbeat!

Thumbs up for a hooker aerochamber on a 5spd. GS
R.I.P Dimes

Fool me once, shame on you!!!, fool me twice...shame on me!!!
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

you'll see that cops in Gatineau doesn't tolerate noise..
I got 5 tickets for loud muffler in a summer ! (3 in 3 weeks)
bastards
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
Johnjj728

Post by Johnjj728 »

ive gotten 3 "modified exhaust" tickets so far this year. And the cars only been on the road since early march. Small town with huge police force=lots of exhaust tickets. Guess its time to get a resonator and stock muffler on the ZE :(
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

Just think of it as a "cool exhaust Fee" : P

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

dont get a stock muffler just get a larger magnaflow with a nice tip. that should quietn it up alot... also a resonator will help
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
Pigman

Post by Pigman »

I tottaly love the hooker aerochambe sound!!!...real deep, and just a hint of raspiness, like those V-12 Ferrari's...That and I have yet to see someone with them on a car. I had them on my 9C1 Caprice, they sound scary on a dual exhaust LT1, and I'm very suprised of the tone they get on the K8....I'm loving it...I can even live with the drone....I honestly think they are louder IN the car than out...lol

At worst, I'll add a cherrybomb in line as a resonator....Or a good excuse to pony up for a turbo setup!...lolol
R.I.P Dimes

Fool me once, shame on you!!!, fool me twice...shame on me!!!
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

can we get a sound clip? ive never heard them before in my life.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

I love my apexi N1, below 3000 little drone, idling outside the car sounds v8 but not too loud, jus sounds like big cam. After 3000 sounds "skylinish" lol
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”