This forum!!

A place for the MX-3 Community in Europe to gather.
rsroadkilla

This forum!!

Post by rsroadkilla »

These forums are so slow!!!

I reckon we need a proper uk based site created, with forums, meets, show, trackdays, pictures etc.

If any1 has anything to do with web design or anything then let us know cos i'l be willing to help in any way i can

Maybe get some stickers made up, and get a club stand up at some of the shows?

Just an idea!!!
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

slow?
slow for what? what do you need fast?

if you search what ever your looking for youll find it for sure.
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
MikeUK
Forum Moderator

Post by MikeUK »

This site is the best by far for our cars. With plenty of help from lots of people, any prob you have can get sorted with help from this site.

Why is there no UK web site for the MX3?

There was one but as the MX3 is quite hard to come by, the site ran flat because of the lack of people visiting it. As you can see by looking at the UK owners section theres not a lot of MXers in the UK.
DamoV6UK
Location: The little known village of Mortimer near Reading in sunshine drenched England

Post by DamoV6UK »

I agree, its the price you pay for having a rare car (that and astronomical prices for parts but dont get me started on that!)

It would be good to have our own but there just arent enough of us

Oh and on 1Mbps broadband i find the site to be pretty quick. :D

Damo
MX3 V6 - Modified to include lots of bits such as a Poppy Coral air freshener...
If you see a red MX shattering the tranquility of the Berkshire countryside... Give us a wave!!
Thunderstorm

Post by Thunderstorm »

How's abouts we find away to educate more drivers of MX-3's in the UK about the existence of MX-3.COM?

I see a lot of MX-3's running around in West London - about 10 counted so far, and yet, how many people visit this forum who are from West London, UK?

I even try flashing my lights when zipping past an MX-3 heading my way. So far, only 3 people have flashed or waved back with recognition and enthusiasm. You would be surprised how many odd people are ignorant or worse still, totally indifferent to the importance of the cute exotic sports coupe they are driving.

I'm thinking of chasing some MX-3's on weekends and handing them a flyer. If I don't get shot first - mistaken for a Car Jacker.
Now THAT would be an ironic way to croak! :shock:

Thunderstorm.
1998 MX-3 RS 1.6i DOHC "Blackbird". Totally Stock.

The 21st Century is a con; where is my Hovercar?!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058708
rsroadkilla

Post by rsroadkilla »

yeah definitly!

But no1 is willing to pay for any stickers, or book up any clubstands at any of the shows or nuffin!

Thats why i mentioned about a uk site.

I reckon all the members in the uk should join up to my local car club at http://www.teamshock.co.uk

That way, maybe we could meet up at some shows or sumthing.
MikeUK
Forum Moderator

Post by MikeUK »

I dont know about every one else but,
The main reason I use this site is because I logged onto MSN, typed MX-3 and tup of the mornin to you, top of the list, this site popped up. So its by far the biggest site for the MX3, with plenty of helpful people. Any one owning an MX3 and has access to the net must have done a search and found this site.

Our friends accross the pond moddify their cars a hell of a lot more than us in the UK and we can learn alot from them. I think making another web site would just disperse the MX3 community, instead of bringing it together, thus make the knowledge data base smaller. Dont forget the statement at the top of the page to MX-3.com 'The Goal Of This Site Is To Be A Complete Source On The Mazda MX-3'

But hey its a free world and anythings possible. If a UK site does get set up id join it, but this site would be my number one.

Ive seen many sites get set up and be busy for a few months then just die off, it would be a shame for it to happen for the MX3 in the UK.

A stagnent pond eventually kills all the fish.

Good luck
rsroadkilla

Post by rsroadkilla »

mike, u fixed ya car yet??
UK_MX3

Post by UK_MX3 »

I'd be up for a club we need to get our cars widely recognised and one of them featured in a magazine!

My goal is to get my mx in a mag! it's already been in a members section of total car audio and I want a full on feature eventually.

Alas at the moment my mx is very poorley and i just don't have the time to take care of it. Also my enthusiasm is slowly being killed by KRAZY KUYSTOMZ and their promises of delivering my bodykit. I was in on the origional group buy over a year ago and still no kit :(

I've even resorted to buying stuff again. Even though in total with shipping and how much import taxes will be the origional kit will be nearly a grand! They have really let me down because I can't do anything until i get my kit the airbags can't be fitted cos of height? also Choosing wheels is impossible because I don't know what my car will eventually look like.

At the moment i have 2 sets of side skirts ordered 2 front bumpers and one rear bumper already here.

If i don't get the kit soon my mx will have died as it's not being run and I'll be saving for my gen 3 rx7 tt.
MikeUK
Forum Moderator

Post by MikeUK »

rsroadkilla I didnt bother fixing her up again as I didnt have the time to do it. Instead I wnt out and bought a newer MX3, same colour. Lucky to have found it.

UK_MX3 s--- sorry to hear your having a crappy time with that company. Importing sure does have a big down side dosent it.
Pedro_mx3
Supporting Member

Post by Pedro_mx3 »

rsroadkilla wrote:yeah definitly!

But no1 is willing to pay for any stickers, or book up any clubstands at any of the shows or nuffin!
Thats not strictly true matey, i tried to get some interest in the UK shows an no1 was really interested! i will be at JAE and JAPfest, look em up and come along fellas!
I'm not worried about the bullet with my name on, Im worried about the one that says 'To Whom it may Concern'....

Make a Donation, Keep Mx3.com Alive!!

1991 V6 K8 -- My baby, i miss her... On her way to car heaven... <3
rsroadkilla

Post by rsroadkilla »

thats a shame mike. But at least u stuck with the 3!!

UK, u got airbags??

I'l be on the hunt for some hydraulics soon. Just booked my car in for a full respray!!

Goes in the end of may! Cant wait, plus their sponsering me so i got some money off!! hOW COOL IS THAT!!!!!

If your gettin some wheels mate, i'd definitky advise to get 18'' at least if your goin for looks. I got 18's and im still not happy. I want sumthing bigger, but they will do for the time i guess.

I had to get all my kit imported from canada. Took 3 weeks. They were brilliant! Just picked up my rear lights yesterday from my couriers, took just over a week to come from the usa!

Can sum1 tell me how to create my cardomain profile, cos i cant work out how to use it! :(

As for the shows, i'l be at a few of them this year. Japfest is my last one on the 15th may. Look out for me! I'l be on either the teamshock stand or the madmotor stand. If any1 here is goin to any of the major shows, add me to msn at rabbi_felton@hotmail.com and we can arrange to meet!

Return to “European MX-3 Community”