Which rim is best: Enkei J10, Konig Theory or 5Zigen RX-6?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Robotaz

Which rim is best: Enkei J10, Konig Theory or 5Zigen RX-6?

Post by Robotaz »

Just curious what everyone has to say about a red GS with these three finalists in my search for a nice aftermarket rim.

Enkei J10 15x6.5 4-100/11438SM (silver) $115/tire +shipping
http://discounttiredirect.com/product/w ... .sm.xl.jpg

Konig Theory 15x6.5 4-100/11440S (Silver) $100/tire + shipping
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/produ ... .sm.xl.jpg

5Zigen RX-6 15x6.5 4-100 40HB (Hyperblack or silver) $530 shipped
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/produ ... .hb.xl.jpg

So which is best rim and would look the best and also fit properly? Anybody got pointers on centering rings, etc.? Does the /114 part in two of my choices screw up fitment?

THNX
Robotaz

Post by Robotaz »

Come on ppl, help me out.
ertaisi

Post by ertaisi »

I like the Theory.
'95 RS: RIP
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

I like the Theory as well.. the other two are over done.. I see them all over the place around here. At least the Konigs are somewhat different in style and not everyone will have them.

Tunes67
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

The 4 x 114 hole spacing won't affect fitment since there are 4 pairs of mounting holes that also include 4 x 100 which will fit the MX-3. Looks like they all have a 38 or 40 offset which is perfect for 15x6.5's on the MX-3. FWIW, of the 3 choices, I like the look of the silver 5Zigen's the best.

As for Hubcentric rings, definitely get them and if possible, get them from the same vendor you buy the wheels from to assure good ring fitment. If you have a choice of poly vs CNC alloy material, get the CNC alloy rings. IMO they fit with better/closer tolerance than the poly material ones. BTW, some ppl skip the hubcentric rings altogether. Problem is, without em, the wheel studs end up bearing all the vertical weight and vertical cornering forces. Wheel studs are really meant to just hold the wheel w/lateral-horizontal force tightly against the hub. Hubcentric rings allow vertical forces to actually be distributed onto the hub center. Without em, you run a risk...
Image -Jim
Robotaz

Post by Robotaz »

Thank you for that explanation of the fitment stuff. As for the Theory, i just think the ring around the center cap looks cheap, but mesh of any kind looks good on MX3s in my opinion. Too bad Alt 148 is dead in stock size. I live in rural Tennessee, so there won't be any problem with overplayed looks, especially since i haven't even followed wheel stuff in at least 10 years myself. Anything looks good to me as long as its not chrome or American Racing mustang looking rims.
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

i really like the Enkei's
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

Robotaz wrote:...Too bad Alt 148 is dead in stock size...
But it's not. Try here for $115/ea. in stock 15"x6.5 size. http://www.thewheelconnection.com/php/s ... ndsearch=1 16 1/2 lbs. is kinda on the heavy side tho for 15" dia. wheels.
Image -Jim
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

enkei or 5zigen the konig looks like the stock wheels all flowery :shock:
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

DavidOS wrote:enkei or 5zigen the konig looks like the stock wheels all flowery :shock:
lol ya i agree about the konig's
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
Robotaz

Post by Robotaz »

Regarding the Konigs, I agree. As for the post that Wheel Connection has them, they are out of stock, I already tried them. I tried and tried and had to pick among others finally.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”