Clutch is screwed or can it be adjusted?¿?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
MiltonCutie

Clutch is screwed or can it be adjusted?¿?

Post by MiltonCutie »

Just wondering something. i have a 95 Mx-3 V6.. and i think that my clutch is loose somehow. In first gear i need to rev up to almost 3000rpm in order to not make my car hop .. is theer any way to adjust the clutch or what is going on.. any suggestions, please e-mail me @ missing_angel02@hotmail.com
any info would be greatly appreciated.. hate being looked at as a new driver :x

*-*Amanda*-*
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

Whay do you mean by hop? and how many kms are on your car?
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

thats odd hop?

the only way I can think to hop the car is to spin the tires. Unless you're letting the clutch out too fast and its almost stalling
relisys_3200

Post by relisys_3200 »

it could be your transmission...does it feel like its not catching when you let the clutch out in first?? ie..."the hop"
Brandon
1992 MX-3 GS-ZE
MiltonCutie

Post by MiltonCutie »

when i say hop i mean it doesnt feel like the first gear is catching. i have to rev the car in high rpm just for the car not to stale.. you know when you fist learn how to drive stick and you "hop" the car.. that what it dfoes when the rmp is not high enough. im thinking that the clutch is worn a bit and it can be adjusted from underneath the dash? i dunno..
MiltonCutie

Post by MiltonCutie »

i have 165k on the car...plus when i am stoped at a light, the car idles weird like its going to stall.. im confused.. =Þ
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

its a self adjusting clutch it shouldnt come out of adjustment
MiltonCutie

Post by MiltonCutie »

then i dont know what it is .. just replaced my cv boots and drive shafts.. now this.. ahh.. cars are so difficult :)
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

You must hear some sort of grinding of some point or a clunk when it does go in to gear?
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

could be a few things,
1) clutch is worn and slipping badly, do you find when driving a bit faster (higher revs) and you change gear, the revs climb higher and slip up before the car seems to "catch" and go?
2) Flywheel worn and possible scorched/warped. (bad) can cause jumping, destroy clutch and tranny possibly if its the cause.
3) drive axles worn out and spinning.

adjusting the clutch without physically inspecting is easy enough you can set the clutch pedal to where you want it to slip smoothly by bleeding any air in the clutch lines.

Also if by hopping you mean the car jerks alot could be bad mounts as well.

Do all your gears work fine??

goto local mazda dealer for a free inspection hey will tell everything wrong with it. then drive away, and see whats you think is important on the list.

Good Luck
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
shuan24

Post by shuan24 »

I too am having the same problem.... I haven't checked the engine mounts although I highly doubt that its the problem.

I have been driving like this for a week now and it is slowly getting worse...my car even stalled as I turned into a parking lot today....which is wiered because I was in the process of downshifting to 2nd....

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”