Experienced BP swaper in Florida ! I need your help !

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
adomx3

Experienced BP swaper in Florida ! I need your help !

Post by adomx3 »

Hi,
I have a 1993 Mazda MX-3 SOHC. After reading all the post on here, i decided i am going for a BP swap. The only problem is i dont know how do do anything mechanically, even an oil change. I need someone to do the swap. I can find a BP from a Protege or a Kia Sephia for $199 at my local Junk Yard. I am willing to drive and leave the car for a weekend. I am a poor student, but i understand that this will take your time, so i will be willing to leave my current engine with the one who will do the swap for me. The current engine has 146K and still run strong. I have bought some digital guage also( Oil Temp, Water Temp, A/F ration, Boost, Volt) to be installed along with the new engine. And i have already started building my turbo that i hope to install by the end of the summer.
I know they are some geniuse out there that can help me and know that swap like the back of their hand.
I am tired to be humiliated that those Honda around. By the way i am in gainesville, florida. I will drive even to GA if the need arise too. Please help me pimp my car,.

PS: Can i keep my actual tranny? or do i need another one. I did a search but i get too many conflicting report.
Jteezy

Post by Jteezy »

If you didnt live so far, i could help, but if your mechanically inclined or even want to learn then i wouldnt even try to do the swap. You can use your stock tranny if you choose. If you know anyone in the tampa area that can let you use their place, me and a friend would be willin to help you, no charge.....maybe some dinner.haha. Let me know. Peace
adomx3

Post by adomx3 »

Jteezy wrote:If you didnt live so far, i could help, but if your mechanically inclined or even want to learn then i wouldnt even try to do the swap. You can use your stock tranny if you choose. If you know anyone in the tampa area that can let you use their place, me and a friend would be willin to help you, no charge.....maybe some dinner.haha. Let me know. Peace
Thank you, i just sent you an email...

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”