B&M or Pacesetter shifter??

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
RayRay

B&M or Pacesetter shifter??

Post by RayRay »

which one is the better shifter? B&M for $140 or Pacesetter for $60 at nopi.com? i'm really tempted by the price of the pacesetter. any kind of help would be greatly appreciated.
2005 Nissan 350z
1990 Mustang GT - [sold]
1992 Mx-3 GS - [sold]
DiGiTaL

Re: B&M or Pacesetter shifter??

Post by DiGiTaL »

Well I have no personal experience , but I've heard good things about both shifters.<BR>The only thing "wrong" with the Pace Setter is that it is slightly notchier when shifting , but that is a personal preference.<BR>Also, the B&M is not adjustable. The PS shifter can be adjusted to suit your needs exactly. I would definately go with Pace Setter.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

This has been debated over and over again. If you search in the archives you will find out. I have the B&M shifter in my car and love it. The B&M is a polished stainless steel shifter and is of far better quality than the pacesetter. The pacesetter is aluminum and I did look at both before buying mine. I was more impressed with the B&M. You do get what you pay for... <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RayRay:<BR><B>which one is the better shifter? B&M for $140 or Pacesetter for $60 at nopi.com? i'm really tempted by the price of the pacesetter. any kind of help would be greatly appreciated.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><P>------------------<BR>Jarid Perry<BR> 94 Blaze Red RS<BR> 14.62@99.4<BR> Now with NOS
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
93mxrgs

Post by 93mxrgs »

im going to the pacesetter, and from what the site says they have upgraded it to stainless steal, for my money, i went to the pacesetter
Black-93 mx-3 Gs-R<BR>with goodies :) :)<BR>Hondas suck, and yes i race them...<BR>oops i mean no no i dont
Ramfis Mx3

Post by Ramfis Mx3 »

I have the pacesetter and its works fine cause its adjustable.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

oh? and if you had the B&M which isnt adjustable it wouldnt work? <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ramfis Mx3:<BR><B>I have the pacesetter and its works fine cause its adjustable.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><P>------------------<BR>Jarid Perry<BR> 94 Blaze Red RS<BR> 14.62@99.4<BR> Now with NOS
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”