HID conversion kits on ebay

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
johnboi85

HID conversion kits on ebay

Post by johnboi85 »

did anyone ever buy this? are they a good quality product? i was planning on buying them. any information would help. thanks
bp mx-3
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Re: HID conversion kits on ebay

Post by jschrauwen »

johnboi85 wrote:did anyone ever buy this? are they a good quality product? i was planning on buying them. any information would help. thanks
Attach the link john so we can see what you're talking about.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
johnboi85

Post by johnboi85 »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... ename=WDVW

sorry about that. heres the link i think thats how to put it on.
bp mx-3
freyguy_412

Post by freyguy_412 »

I quote this from the exact text of the ebay site, "**TWO BLUE HALOGEN BULB COVERS WILL CONVERT STANDARD HALOGEN BULBS INTO HID LAMP SYSTEMS AND THESE HID CONVERSION COVERS ARE 100% REUSABLE. " Unless I am reading this wrong, it's says it will take the standard HALOGEN blubs that are shown in the kit, and cover them with these blue covers, which would only put a small blue tint in the beam. Definatly not a true HID system... not even close.
It might be slow, but it's not a civic!
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

Its so badly written I can't really work out what it is they're selling.... Needless to say its not HID.
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

It doesn't even mention that it'll improve your lighting but merely change it to a slightly different colour. The demo pic of the lights come from another site.....just guessing but it looks fairly familiar to the hella or another HID site. I believe it to be a completely blatant attempt to decieve the public. "Smoke and Mirrors" I call it. IMO
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Taras

Post by Taras »

Wow, cool. I have a set in mine and I swear by them, they are so awesome, I can see everything at night, especially in the rain, because that blue cover makes by bulbs so much brighter. They are awesome and worth every penny ........... NOT. I was just kidding......

Do you really think that if you wear blue sunglasses you will see better?
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
ScooterBovine
Supporting Member

Post by ScooterBovine »

Taras wrote: Do you really think that if you wear blue sunglasses you will see better?
You sure will look cooler! 8)
No more MX-3.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

over here that can get you pulled over :P and its not real hid // just like the 01 civic projectors..not hid at all :/ but still look nice lol
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
khrys771

Post by khrys771 »

ok that is the biggest amount of BS i have ever seen.

so... if i take my headlights then cover them... they will be brighter?? WTF is that.

dude your *COVERING* your lights, meaning your letting less light out, not more. i can bet you that those plastic caps will melt onto the light completely ruining them, and in the process filling you headlight housings with black smoke, ruining them also.

just get projectors. not this ebay crap... the seller should be shot! :rant2:
MikeUK
Forum Moderator

Post by MikeUK »

That is the biggest pile of pants ive ever heard of putting a little blue cap over the bulb to produce better light quality. Also they are talking about putting more strain on the bulb.

Get some blue clear plastic and put it over the lights in your house. Hmm does that make the lighting in your home better??

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”