KLZE SWAPP PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
wheelmanmx3

KLZE SWAPP PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by wheelmanmx3 »

I just swapped in the KLZE. i double checked the connections, I have everything hooked up, but the car wont start. When I turn the ignition it cranks, but never turns over. It is giving fire pops through the headers. All the dash lights come on and the tach jumps and stays at a certain RPM with out the car even being on and the fans turn on right away. I have spark and fuel is flowing. Can you all please help me to get this working. I am using the K8 wiring harness on the ZE block with a kl36 ecu. I need to get my car up and running. also I need to know how flush is the passenger side axel suppose to be onside the , because it does not seem like it is going all the way in. The bracket along that axel is not matching into the screw housing taht went to the block to secure the axel.
Its not about how fast it goes, but about how well you drive it when it goes fast.
"Wheelman"
tocixxx

Post by tocixxx »

Did you swap your disty from the K8 ?
If not, do so! the ZE disty has other firing seqence afaik!
92 GS-R, RX-8 Lightning Yellow, Complete Aresspeed Bodykit
http://www.cardomain.com/id/tocixxx
Mazda Speed & Style Club Austria http://www.mazdaclub.at
wheelmanmx3

Post by wheelmanmx3 »

tocixxx wrote:Did you swap your disty from the K8 ?
If not, do so! the ZE disty has other firing seqence afaik!
yes i swapped it over. i dont know what else to do. the firing order is 135
correct. that is what it said in the book
Its not about how fast it goes, but about how well you drive it when it goes fast.
"Wheelman"
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

Check all your wiring again make sure its GROUNDED properly make sure your computer is hooked up right im also running the ZE on the 801 cpu so it should work for you. Check your AIR FLOW sensor throttle body sensor, try a different battery.

Mx-3 Kidd El Paso, Tx
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
Kl01-ZE,Kl31 ecu, millenia manifold, ngk plugs, ngk wires, probe tranny/ and clutch (stock), VortecH FMU 12:1, Aeromotive AFPR, Tial .38mm Wastegate w/ 4lbs spring, Walboro 255 pump, AiResearch T4, 3" down pipe, GODSPEED manifold, Spearco Boost Gauges, BF Goodrich G-force drag radials.
14.8 1/4 mile all motor untimed on boost.
wyldside
Supporting Member
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by wyldside »

Might be a shot in the dark but did you remember calibrate the TPS (trottle position sensor) after you swapped the engine? The problem you described about your tach staying in one spot. Does the tach read an RPM with just the ignition on but not running or cranking? That sounds like a possible disty or ECU problem. The fan comming on right away might be a result of on of your temp sensors not being connected.
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

1992 Seal-Gray MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :mrgreen:
1992 White MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :( Worklog (Parting out)
1993 Blaze Red MX-3 GS - RIP :cry:

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”