ATTN Wiper Cowl & wonderwerks Skirts REFUNDS

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Gro Harlem

ATTN Wiper Cowl & wonderwerks Skirts REFUNDS

Post by Gro Harlem »

Ok, so basically I was sitting in front of my comp this afternoon typing up a lab report and I get an IM from David Page, owner of ClubProtege.com asking me about marshmallow15 and if I knew anything about him. I replied with "hell yes! he ripped me off for 250 along with a LOT of other ppl on mx-3.com...blah blah blah".

So anyways, he tells me illicitQ is over at his house buying a BPT engine and mentioned the story and said he could pay a visit to marshmallow's house to see what was going on. I provided him with the links to the two stickied groupbuy threads, and info about who paid.

So yeah....IllicitQ and Dave went over to the house, turns out its his parents house and resolved this situation for both me and IllicitQ. Dave has $250 w/my name on it as I type this and so does Kevin (illicitq).

ANYWAYS.....here is the situation. Anyone who has PROOF OF PAYMENT for either the Wiper cowl or wonderwerks Skirts groupbuy and/or paying for shipping is entitled to a refund.

Anyone who has received their wiper cowl cannot receive a refund, sorry. But anyone awaiting delivery (paid both for product & shipping) OR people who just paid for their products back when the groupbuys started, GOOD NEWS!! You are all going to get your money back!

So this is what you need to do. Since Dave is dealing with marsh's parents himself and NOT dealing with marsh at this point, you must send dave ALL correspondence (email messages, AIM conversations, anything) AND a screenshot of your paypal account showing the transaction information for your payment(s). If you paid for shipping be sure to get that one as well.

If you paid by check or money order, get a copy of the cashed check or the money order stub and scan them.

Send ALL of this information to Dave at admin@cablemirc.com with the subject "MX-3 Groupbuy Refund".
Last edited by Gro Harlem on April 3rd, 2005, 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

Oh and be sure to thank dave & kevin, they kicks some major a--. They took time, drove 30 mins and wasted gas to get this resolved FOR US.

YOU KICK a-- KEVIN & DAVE! THANKS!!!!!!!! 111
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

Oh yeah, here's the whole story from Dave's viewpoint (copied from the Wiper cowl thread)
cablemirc wrote:Okay, so here's the story.

Today, Q and I had arranged to have him come down from where he lives and pick up a GTX motor for his MX. So when he gets here, he asks what all I might have for sale laying around in the garage for his MX.

He tells me that there's a guy in Chula Vista that owes him some money off the mx-3 board, but ignores everyone that tries to contact him now, so Q wanted to make a nice little house call. I had Q try his number from my house phone, since it was one that marsh would not recognize... and sure enough, he answered... and of course hung up on Q when he said who he was.

So I called”bulls---" on this guy ever paying Q back, and went to go talk to GroHarlem, a longtime friend and member with some influence over here to see what he could do about this bozo.

Gro of course proceeds to show me EVERYTHING on this guy... the bad group buys, the thousands upon thousands that people were out from this guy ripping them off, so I resolved also it was time to pay him a visit, or at the very least, buzz his house... at the very minimum, I was going to go to the local PD with what evidence I could and ask on how I should proceed.

They were so "helpful" I wanted to puke, it seems as though each person that got ripped off would have to file with their own local police department individually, waa waa waa, so my resolve strengthened enough for a door visit of this address.
(By the way, we got the address from the addy people that mailed MO's sent it to).

Now before I go any further, I’ll admit I’m a puss. lol. I let Q be the one to knock on the door lest homeboy bust out with a gat and make things messy real quickly. so the foot in the door, and the balls to go up there, that was all Q. once the door was answered, marsh wasn’t home, and Q was there talking to his dad, so I joined in.

now I must admit I have quite a gift for gab, and am an effective salesperson and good communicator... but once we were in the door, I let both his parents know exactly what mr marsh had been up to.

see, mr marsh comes from a very traditional Asian family. you could see on his dad and mom's face just how horribly dishonorable this was for them, I really felt bad laying it all out on the table. both of his parents are very well off RE-MAX realtors, with an immaculate sales history... and when they heard how their son was doing business.... they damn near turned white. especially once we mentioned ifcc filings and a report with the FBI.

he wasn’t home at this time, but with the details of what paypal was, how it worked, the group buy, mx-3.com and their slight familiarity of the money transfers to his bank account, his mother quickly disappeared into the kitchen with a following phone call to her son, which could pretty much be summed up with a "get your a-- home NOW".

when marsh appeared, he was definitely in offensive mode. postured like he wanted a fight, we asked if we'd like to go talk about it "out back". I interjected that surely his parents would like to know what's going on, and his mother all but instructed him to take a seat.

things only got interesting from there. not only has marsh never been in a motorcycle accident, he doesn’t own a bike. the BMW he drives belongs to his parents. he lives at home, and they had no idea that he was doing any of this online, but they'd seen him ship parts from the mx-3 which was donated to charity recently. they knew he worked with the carbon fiber in the garage, and was "making attempts" at making fenders hoods cowls and skirts.

I took it real easy on him... I did... I wasn’t rough, I told him I understood, as a businessman myself, that things can get out of hand, and transactions and dealings can spiral out of control, but he needs to know when to ask for help, and not run off an ignore everyone. I told him there’s not a person on that forum who would have complained if he'd spent all the money on materials and realize he just wasn’t experienced enough, and offered everyone a refund over time since he spent everything on supplies... however, my questions for him were straightforward and direct. "why haven’t you gotten hold of anyone"? and simply to sum up all he said... "well, I emailed everyone to tell them that the freight company stole the shipment that I have no shipping receipts for, and the shipping company disappeared and I didn’t hang up on you my phone dropped the call, etc etc"... to hell if I knew what any of that rubbish meant, but thank god his parents had some sense about them, and saw he was grasping at straws and lying through his teeth.

I told him, and his parents, that the visit was not personal. it was business. and I had to follow up on their son’s bad business for friends that live thousands of miles away and can do nothing. "bad business" is a very strong keyword for an honorable Asian family in the realty business for the last 25 years.

they were so disappointed... marsh cried on the couch, he knew it was over.

marsh offered to paypal Q his money back, but I stepped in and bypassed marsh on it altogether, and went straight to the parents with the plea for this awful circumstance to be fixed. I told them I’d provide all receipts, all correspondence, all promises of shipping, etc, so they can see exactly what their son's been up to.

as any good businessperson should, they did. a very honorable family with a very dishonorable business dealing son. they're going to pay everyone back who received nothing, and I will take your invoices directly to her, and not be dealing with marsh on this anymore at all. if you GOT something from marsh, and it was sub-par quality, I apologize, but a refund is not available to you at this time. this is only for people who got NOTHING.

matter of fact, marsh is forbidden from selling online at all, so if any of you get wind of this happening again; please let me know immediately so I can relay that info to his mom.

Anyhow, hopefully this clears up the situation as it took place today, and I think Q and I run about 50/50 in involvement for getting this GB rip-off resolved... I’m just glad I was in a good position to help out some fellow Mazda enthusiasts,

Ya’ll know what to do from here…..

Drop me a line.
Last edited by Gro Harlem on April 3rd, 2005, 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
cablemirc

Post by cablemirc »

anytime. we're all a team, and mx-3's kick a-- too. ;)
one badass GTX Protege. ;)

*** new 1993 MX-3 RS black on black!***
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

Sam Baker, bikeguy18974, luis gonzalez i forwarded your emails to dave.
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

And for those who wanna know how to send a screenshot of your paypal account here is a quick tutorial.

First, log into your paypal account, go through the history & find the transaction or transactions to "james santos".

Click them and bring up the transaction info.

Now simply hit the "Print Screen" key on your keyboard located above the delete key.

Now open Microsoft Paint (go to start menu, Accessories and it should be under there). And click "Edit -> Paste" in the toolbar. The image of your screen should pop up.

Now click "File -> Save As" and then save it as a JPEG image.

Now attach this image to your email to dave and send it. Also, save any emails you have from him and send them to dave.

BTW: the screenshot should look like this:

http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/attach ... 8958&stc=1
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

I am absolutly exstatic that you all will be recieving refunds. I am even more proud to be a part of this comunity than before due to the personal dedication and team spirit shown by all members contributing to the resolution of this buy. Though I was not part of the buy myself, I just wanted to give you guys a pat on the back
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

I wasn't involved in this, but I just wanna give a :2thumbsup: to Kevin and Dave for going out of their way to help others.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
2fazed
Supporting Member

Post by 2fazed »

Peeps down in Cali don't f**k around. Yet, another scammer took down. Good job guys. Told ya, face him, and ya'll get your money.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

I wasnt a part of this either, but Ive been following it for a while. Im glad that its starting to work out, and you guys finaly caught march in the act. Good job!
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
cablemirc

Post by cablemirc »

93SOHC wrote:I am absolutly exstatic that you all will be recieving refunds. I am even more proud to be a part of this comunity than before due to the personal dedication and team spirit shown by all members contributing to the resolution of this buy. Though I was not part of the buy myself, I just wanted to give you guys a pat on the back
if i was part of a group buy that went bad, and the guy lived in your town....... i hope you'd do the same.. i was'nt in the buy, i don't even drive an mx-3.... but that's irrelevant. we're brothers in the fact that we have a forum dedicated to older model mazdas, that we're willing to put GOOD money into the cars... NOBODY here is rich, this is'nt the fast and the furious where we build 10 second cars for fun once every 3 days.

leave the scammers to the fast and the furious forums, we work too damn hard for what we have to have someone rip us off.
one badass GTX Protege. ;)

*** new 1993 MX-3 RS black on black!***
mx almere

Post by mx almere »

Good work guys. Too bad I am stuck with a crappy cowl, but I am really glad for all the guys that get a refund.
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

i sent my stuff in, i tried from the east coast but the ifcc & fbi werent listening.......
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
UK_MX3

Post by UK_MX3 »

cool i'm glad you got this sorted i'm gonna send the email shortly. with all my proof. Thanks to dave and Kevin. email will be there later today!
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

When I get home tonight I'll try to scan all my stuff. My home computer's been such a pain lately though.
Last edited by Nallboy on April 7th, 2005, 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
Oh yeah, I have a stock ATX 92 RS too.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."

Return to “Appearance”