How do i remove some interior pieces?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
95Mx-3

How do i remove some interior pieces?

Post by 95Mx-3 »

I'm going to install my new shifter and boot and was wondering how to properly dismantle the dash piece up to where the thermostat is ( i gotta fix that to, its jamming) and also just wanted to see how do take the driver door panel off, i figure it was easier to ask then take the risk on snappin some clips or something. thanks
spano

Post by spano »

the driver door panel is very easy to take off, i have a 92 and to take it off there are 3 screws. 1 little one in where the door handle is, another in the little storage hole behind the window buttons, and another on the complete left side. after you get the screws off you just lift it upwards, and then unplug the windows

im sorry im terrible at describing things, hope this helps though
ScooterBovine
Supporting Member

Post by ScooterBovine »

On the driver's door panel, there is a screw where the door handle is, and a screw on the outside near the bottom on the left, where you normally would not see when the door is closed. Then, if you have power windows, there is a screw down inside the control assembly. After you remove the screws, just start tugging gently near the bottom of the panel. It should pop off easily enough. If you have power windows, make sure to disconnect the controls harness when you pull the panel off.

Oh yeah, and when you pop the clips, just push the panel upwards to unhook it from where it connects at the window. When you go to put the panel back on, start at the top and hook it back on where it meets the window. You'll know what I mean when you actually go to disconnect/reconnect it.
No more MX-3.
spano

Post by spano »

ohh yeah dont forget about the snaps at the bottom of the door, before pulling up you have to unsnap the bottom
good_glory

Post by good_glory »

hey i dont mean to hijack the thread or anything but this is kind of related...Just wondering how to take off the side panel in the back seat just below the front seat belts.... let me know!

spano

Post by spano »

actually im happy you asked that because i have no clue either lol
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

good_glory wrote:hey i dont mean to hijack the thread or anything but this is kind of related...Just wondering how to take off the side panel in the back seat just below the front seat belts.... let me know!

Under "Body" on page S-66 in the online manual, shows removal for the quarter trim
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
good_glory

Post by good_glory »

coulda used that! :shock:
95Mx-3

Post by 95Mx-3 »

thanks for the info on the windows, anyone know how to get the centre console, up to the thermostat apart? :?
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

95Mx-3 wrote:anyone know how to get the centre console, up to the thermostat apart? :?
Should be page S-60 of manual + 2 additional screws on the sides of the centre armrest consol near seatbelt fastener (not shown in my personal shop manual). BTW, it may be better to refer to the "thermostat part" as the HVAC controls.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
good_glory

Post by good_glory »

Hey, there's four screws holding down the centre storage console, then theres one behind the cigarette waste door, take that out entirely. Everything else just involves popping out the clips.
(That should cover up to your stereo)

If u need to get to the thermo part u have to pop off the triangular cover on the inside of the door, 3 screws behind it. Undo the bolt holding on your hood release. Undo the screws holding the lower panel on (there are a few, maybe 4 or 5) all visible though. Then just unscrew the dash console, pop that off and release all of your connectors from behind

Or just take John's advice and have a look at the online manual!
Good luck, dont lose any screws like i did!!! :D

JLK

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”