Gas guage stuck

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
krishna

Gas guage stuck

Post by krishna »

um... I bought a new Guage bezel from Shady and i instauled reverse lights on it and now the gas guage dosnt work? it stuck at full tank and dosnt move..
92' BP
Charles-
ryanlindenberg

Post by ryanlindenberg »

i'm guessing you are talking about reverse indiglos or whatever...do they slip over the top of the needles? if so it's probably stuck on that.
CARDOMAIN WITH UPDATED PICS
"There are 2 kinds of pedestrians, the quick and the dead."
krishna

gas guage

Post by krishna »

yeah they are, but... ive had the screen cover off and foolin around with it while the car is running and it moves fine... i dunno what the problem is
92' BP
Charles-
Q

Post by Q »

welcome to the club. I bought reverse glow gauges too and after I installed them my gas gauge had the same problem. I still haven't fixed it because the indicator light still works so I can find a gas station in time. When I unplug the fuel pump and the car is running the needle drops down and then I plug it in and it goes right up
krishna

fuel gauge

Post by krishna »

the only difference... is my guage stays at full 100% of the time, even if i unplug the gas, or shut off the car... its just stuck up top. and if i take the cover off and push it down... it works... but not to the point that it reads how much gas is there, it goes strait back to the top and stays there =/ and im sellin the car soon so i need to get it fixed :(
92' BP
Charles-

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”