Hello from Buffalo, NY - just bought a 93 MX-3 yesterday

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.

Do you like Buffalo, NY?

Yes
20%
No
40%
Their sports teams are cool, but screw the city
No votes
Buffalo = Canada
40%

Total votes: 5

BuffaloBill

Hello from Buffalo, NY - just bought a 93 MX-3 yesterday

Post by BuffaloBill »

Hey, it's my first post but when I got on the internet today to find information about my "new" 93 Mazda MX-3 1.6L, I was sold on this site by all the information and nice forum I saw. And I figured Canada is like a second home to me so I signed up.

My car is nice - it is white but has some very new paint chips with no rust. The car is from California and has spent 4 years in the NE U.S. A new total exhaust change was just done this January and has never been in an accident. New tires, battery, fluid changes - the whole bit. Nice interior - but has some rip damage.

Well.. some basic questions:
- it's got 103K on it and sounds/runs fine; what is the average life on these engines?
- I bought it for $1,300 from a Japanese kid who is moving back to Japan because he is done with college; too much or good price?
- how much is a new interior for these cars?
- is a body kit a good idea? they look pretty sweet to me
- anything I should watch out for in general with the 1993 model?

Thanks for your help and I am really excited about getting my MX-3 on the road on Monday!
good_glory

Post by good_glory »

Hey nice to meet ya, always welcome from Buffalo

I'll take a stab at answering some of your questions but theres alot more knowledgable people on this board who can help too :D

-Engine should last a good 200-250+ kms depending on how well its kept
-Price sounds a little inexpensive but could be a special case cause he had to move. Just to give you an idea... I bought my '94 GS for $3900 CAD and in Hamilton I've seen two others around for the same price
-Since you live in Buffalo, if you wanted to put a kit on you'd have to get a second car for winter so your kit doesnt get ruined. (PS- Glenwood has awesome snowboarding!)

Good luck with the car,

Jaim

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”