Can someone please help me?

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
93-Spec-Edn

Can someone please help me?

Post by 93-Spec-Edn »

Hi

I have a 93 GS 5 spd and when i accelerate the car hessitates and jerks. The CEL also comes on now and then and the same symptoms occur.

I need my car working so i can go away for the long weekend :(
thanks
92 mx-3 RS RIP | 95 mx-3 GS sold | 93 mx-3 GS SE sold | 95 mx-3 GS present
rece

Post by rece »

pull your plug wires one at a time and see if there is any moisture or oil in the chamber. if there is than your gasket is leaking. a temp fix is to blow the moisture out of the chamber with air, make sure to put a rag or something over the whole so you dont get all greased up. if that doesnt work check your spark plugs. I had the same problems and I replaced the plugs and got the moisture out of the chambers and it fixed the problem. this is only a temp fix for the larger problem of the leaking gasket so be aware.
Jesse<BR>red 92 gs
93-Spec-Edn

Post by 93-Spec-Edn »

thanks for the reply. Yes I do have oil in the plug well of cylinder 5 since my rear valve cover gasket is leaking. I have cleaned out the oil and it seems to be running much better but the problem is there very occasionally. Also I pulled codes 2,3, 10 and 15. Not sure if these mean anything in terms of the problem?
92 mx-3 RS RIP | 95 mx-3 GS sold | 93 mx-3 GS SE sold | 95 mx-3 GS present
rece

Post by rece »

search the site somewhere there is a listing of the codes. I think that it might be in the faq v6 forum
Jesse<BR>red 92 gs

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”