ecu wiring diagram

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
forcedairram

ecu wiring diagram

Post by forcedairram »

Ok I just bought a 92 MX-3 with the bp swap and I am trying to install the super afc but cant find a wiring diagram anywhere. Does anyone on here have one they can email me or post? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
matt_fulghum

Post by matt_fulghum »

from mx3tt's cardomain page
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/282215/8

should work with the BP harness as well as the stock B6's
forcedairram

Thanks

Post by forcedairram »

Hey man thanks for the help everything went smoothly, with about 30 minute install and everything is operational. I really appreciate the help, now comes the fun part....TUNING....YAY!!! Cause I got no idea what the hell im doing lol
matt_fulghum

Post by matt_fulghum »

that's not good :P

you really should get to a dyno with a wideband sensor if you wanna actually get any use out of that S-AFC.... ones' butt dyno is almost never accurate.
osargeant

Post by osargeant »

I hope you are going to get that S-AFC tuned with the proper equipment (i.e. wideband, dyno, egt gauge etc) and not plan on using the Autometer blinking lights A/F gauge as your guide.

I am still between two minds as to whether to go with the S-AFC 2 or the Greddy E-Manage but cant seem to find any MX3s that are using the E-manage setup.

Good luck.
JSpec Turbo MX3 (1.6 DOHC)
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/310985

Port and Polished Head, Ported Intake Manifold, Valve Job, GTX Manifold, Hybrid Turbo, Cone Filter, 2.5" Exhaust, 2.5" Downpipe, ACT Street Clutch, Lightened Flywheel, MSD 6A Ignition, Boost Retard and SS Coil, Magnecor Plug Wires, Denso Iridium Plugs, UR Lightened Pulley, Spearco FMIC, Turbo XS BOV & MBC, BEGI RRFPR, Supra Injectors, Walbro 255 Fuel Pump, Autometer Gauges, Pivot Shift Light
matt_fulghum

Post by matt_fulghum »

yeah, you really do need a wideband and a dyno... the narrowband a/f sensors in our cars basically say lean, stoich, or rich, with next to no accuracy.
forcedairram

yup

Post by forcedairram »

Yea i know this, im truely a v8 guy but ive been around enough to know that, right now i think its running really rich but i havnt got my air fuel gauge installed yet i just want to get it away from the rich side for now, I do plan on using the egt to get the final tuning done though, the guy helping me really knows his stuff too so i think im in good hands
matt_fulghum

Post by matt_fulghum »

don't even bother with tuning with a narrowband... it won't do s--- for you. It's only really useful for eye candy and making sure you don't go lean.
forcedairram

exactly

Post by forcedairram »

well to correct my previous post my car is running kinda lean so thats the only reason for installing the super afc for now... Im not trying to tune for lots of power and crap just to keep me from screwing up my motor. atleast till I get a turbo motor built up....LOL

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”