I need a lil help from you bp/bpt guys...

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
Franko
Supporting Member

I need a lil help from you bp/bpt guys...

Post by Franko »

Ok heres the thing.. What in the hell is this wire for?

when you put it to ground you hear this solenoid click..

Then the hose coming off of the side of the solenoid goes to the fuel pressure regulator..

What is it for? Is the fuel pressure regulator supposed to be hooked up this way?
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
wickedmx3

Post by wickedmx3 »

I have to check at home, but I think I have the same loose wire???
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

i believe it goes to one of the small temp sensors on the head. the fpr has a cold start pressure setting. i think there's one or two temp sensors on the side of the head where the disty is, and one on the front side of the head all the way to the right near the disty. my memory is a little fuzzy, so i may be off.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

definatley a coolant temp sensor(since your using a 92-93 harness and so am i) i know on the b6t it goes on the side of the coolant elbow where the thermostat is.
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

Youre sure about this? I had it put to the coolant sensor actually but what do I do with the other wire that is allready on the coolant sensor?
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

ok well i looked again and check to see if your oil pressure switch is hooked up.
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

On the back side of the head under the Intake manifold is a plug like that. I just took out my SOHC B6 engine and the one two of those I saw were on the front by the thermostat and on the back side of the head between the oil filter and the Starter.
Domnknpimp

Post by Domnknpimp »

it looks like the coolant temp plug... there are two sensors right there in the front of the engine by the distributor..... one is the thermo-time switch (turns on the fan when hot enough) and the other is probably the one your looking for. I beleive on the new engine its right there by the water outlet. you should be able to see it from the front of the engine. if you said there was already a wire on it, make sure the wire isn't cut off somewhere, follow it down as far as possible and make sure it isn't just cut off somewhere. besides that, theres another one that looks just like it, with is on the other side of the engine (was right in the middle of the intake plenium on the sohc, moved on the BP) i hope this helps, i'm kind of sleepy right now so i'll read it over in the morning and make any corrections
nickmx3

Post by nickmx3 »

connect this wire to the back of the head near the oil filter it sort of hard to find, it connects to a flat connector or a wire would come off of this connector. you may have to remove the bracket that supports the intake manifold to get your hand in there, also the oil filter if you like. Its the connector closer to the alternator side of the engine.
1995 J-Spec Az3, BPT swap, mazda speed eibach springs, mazda speed swaybars, mazda speed exhaust, mazda speed shock tower bar, mazda speed bodykit, sr shocks, disk-brakes all around,turbox boost controler, honda del sol act pressure plate, fmic 20x12x3
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

Are you talking about the knock sensor?

Return to “Forced Induction”