B6T with EManage

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
phredren

B6T with EManage

Post by phredren »

Hey guys.

I don't even have a MX3, but he parts I need are from an MX3. I have a Festiva.

Some of you may know how much of a pain the B6T is to tune using the original EFI system. Its got a centrifugal weighted distributor with boost and electronic retard. It also has a wonderful air metering system where its vane air meter (which features a 7-9v range) is pegged wide open at 4500rpm, leaving fueling from that point to redline up to mapping in the ECU. Basically, you either get a chipped ECU, or standalone. I tried to wire my EManage up to the air meter, but it just didn't work... at all. The logical thing to do would be to go with standalone, but my wallet doesn't agree with that plan. So the next best thing I can think of is installing the B6D, the 1.6L DOHC engine from the MX3. I'm pretty sure the sensors will be compatible with the B6T, and if they aren't they will be when I am done with them.

Anyways, my basic question is... how tunable is the 1.6L DOHC with the E-Manage? Is there any weird things that I should know about before I dive into this? Can both the timing and fuel control features of the EManage be used with this EFI system?

Thanks guys.

Return to “Forced Induction”