*Important* Summer Beach Meet (READ)

Organizing An MX-3 Meet? Post Your Info Here.
Mad_Medeiros

*Important* Summer Beach Meet (READ)

Post by Mad_Medeiros »

Ok, I've already set this up with a couple other large car enthusiest clubs (lac/jco/oto etc)

I would love to see alot of mx-3's, so we can "Represent"

I haven't set up a date yet, because I'm still looking for a day that won't interfere with other important events such as "darknights, jco bash, and other large events"

I also need to pick a beach, I have found 2 nearby which are both nice, and lots of ladies, and a very good bar.

So either we do PORT DOVER
Image ^I gotta find out where the hell this parkin lot is. (no beach)
Image ^nice twisties around there

or TURKEY POINT

and we could meet in dover if you guys wanted and drive to turkey point, theres some very nice curvy roads as showed in those pictures, but its only about a 20 minuit drive, but the scenery and drive is goergous!

theres also a big nice sand parking lot (and no, sand does not blow around like crazy), it would also be great for a large photoshoot.

now what I'm asking from you guys is to START a list of who is going to attend, and how many people you are bringing/how many cars.

I am also asking to make this into a sticky if possible, as I have done this before and it turned out great (with cavaliers, my old car)

so I'm going to start this list, and please if you have suggestions comments, let me hear them.

Mad_Medeiros, Derek
Dukie_86, Earl
stock 93 GS, 5 speed
ovendenk
Supporting Member

Post by ovendenk »

where exactly are these places? i'm assuming near toronto. i live in ottawa and am trying to figure drive time if i go.
kevin (aka The Oven)
93 mx-3 GS KL-ZE with KL31 cams and properly chipped ecu
All mods are on my website: http://ca.geocities.com/ovendenk
MX-3.com Worklog: http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=48462
Trevor

Post by Trevor »

I'd for sure be into that meet
Mad_Medeiros

Post by Mad_Medeiros »

its going to be an all day meet.

as for places...

Look for simcoe right beside LAKE ERIE, its basicly right there...

yes its far, but its one of the most known beaches in all of ontario.. and has the MOST tourists, and this summer they are getting a farrie boat, which is going to state side, which will attract MORE tourists...

every year, friday the 13th over 100,000 bikers show up to this beach, so like I said.. for the long drive, its worth it... LOTS of ladies, and nice sandy beaches!
stock 93 GS, 5 speed
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

Its sounds like a fun time when were you thinking about doing this?
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current
Mad_Medeiros

Post by Mad_Medeiros »

I'm still trying to figure out a date, last year I kind of got in the way with the DARKNIGHTS event, and I don't want to do that again.

so suggestions on a date would be great.
stock 93 GS, 5 speed
Mad_Medeiros

Post by Mad_Medeiros »

Buuump!

com on guys who in this, I already have a couple clubs, including clubs in the states well into doing this.. you guys just seem to let this fly.. we NEED mx3s to REPRESENT.
stock 93 GS, 5 speed
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

which beach? cause im interested
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Count me in. I like the Port Dover thing and the drive to Turkey Point and back. Other more adventerous ppl and long distance travellers from stateside can take in Niagara Falls which is also an enjoyable ride (not too far away). A small townish feel with a nice harbour and beach. I did the Friday the 13th thing on my bike and the police and locals were quite receptive to the whole thing - very refreshing to see for a change.
As another alternative, there's also Crystal Beach, which is a big summer fun spot and much much closer to the border/Buffalo. It also makes a side trip to Niagara Falls that much more do-able. I can see it now, an entourage of shiney MX's cutting through the country roads for a lunch stop at Niagara Falls. A little sight-seeing and relaxing, a photo shoot in front of the Falls for a pic that will probably take a prominant spot in your abode. Yah....I'm likin' it. We have some members that are residents in the Niagara Falls area and I'm sure they would lend a guiding hand.
Let us know what you come up with.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Mad_Medeiros

Post by Mad_Medeiros »

well, I've discussed this with other clubs, and they all want the PORT DOVER idea... then the cruise to Turkey Point.. so that part is set in stone!

this is a very nice town... and on a hot summer day its worth it!

I will be setting up 2 dates incase of bad weather

could I get some suggestions when a good date would be?

I will also be reserving a BEACH PARKING LOT in turkey point for all of us to fill up... and in port dover I found a field I can use (nice cut grass, so our cars can park on)
stock 93 GS, 5 speed
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

sounds like a plan to me round up the mx3s
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Mad_Medeiros wrote:well, I've discussed this with other clubs, and they all want the PORT DOVER idea... then the cruise to Turkey Point.. so that part is set in stone! this is a very nice town... and on a hot summer day its worth it! I will be setting up 2 dates incase of bad weather I could get some suggestions when a good date would be? I will also be reserving a BEACH PARKING LOT in turkey point for all of us to fill up... and in port dover I found a field I can use (nice cut grass, so our cars can park on)
Good Stuff!!, Dates?, I thought we had to sort out the dates of other more prominent events - Dark Nights, 8th Annual Mississauga MX3 Meet, etc etc. and then just pick out of the dates left. I'm assuming late July / Aug to take FULL advantage of the beach :wink:
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Oops, I thought I posted my interest in this thread, but it looks like i didn't, so count me in!

Please, give us a very good warning on when, i'm not good with last minute stuff.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Mad_Medeiros

Post by Mad_Medeiros »

jschrauwen wrote:
Mad_Medeiros wrote:well, I've discussed this with other clubs, and they all want the PORT DOVER idea... then the cruise to Turkey Point.. so that part is set in stone! this is a very nice town... and on a hot summer day its worth it! I will be setting up 2 dates incase of bad weather I could get some suggestions when a good date would be? I will also be reserving a BEACH PARKING LOT in turkey point for all of us to fill up... and in port dover I found a field I can use (nice cut grass, so our cars can park on)
Good Stuff!!, Dates?, I thought we had to sort out the dates of other more prominent events - Dark Nights, 8th Annual Mississauga MX3 Meet, etc etc. and then just pick out of the dates left. I'm assuming late July / Aug to take FULL advantage of the beach :wink:
can you do me a huge favour, acually could all you guys POST all the dates of IMPORTANT events? ei dark nights etc?

I'm also trying to avoid annual bashes for other clubs as well (jco, vm, lac)

so please post dates of all the important events you know
stock 93 GS, 5 speed
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

I don't mind doing that, but because of the title of this thread, that info may be lost. I've renamed my thread in the Toronto Forum to 2005 Event Planning. That way events (of interest) can be posted where we may get a smattering of MX's out for but nothing scheduled as far as an "official" MX gathering. Basically, a rather un-organized get-together type of thing.

Return to “MX-3 Meets”