removing ac?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Dali
Supporting Member
antispam: No

removing ac?

Post by Dali »

hey, i got a donor car for my auto to manual tranny swap, it also has air conditioning that i want to swap over. looking for some help on how to take it out, is there any shut off valve on the system so i dont have to drain the unit out, just looking for some help on this, i will check my chiltons tomorrow when i have a chance. so any help would be appreciated, thanks.
snellgrove

Post by snellgrove »

I'm not sure but I believe you will have to have it drained out completely
1997, Silver, V6
mx3TT
Supporting Member

Post by mx3TT »

Yes it will have to be drained as far as I know. Do it right though do not let it into the atmospher especially since its R12(most likey). I havent seen an mx-3 in person without AC from the factory so I dont know how it is with lines and whats under the dash and all that, look into it.
Chris

MY MX-3 PICTURES
MX-3.com's online store - SUPPORT MX-3.COM
snellgrove

Post by snellgrove »

take it to mazda, get them to suck all the gas out (should be able to do it fairly cheaply.. ish) then you can just (sort of) gently rip it apart without worrying ;)
1997, Silver, V6
Dali
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by Dali »

well got the motor out and the ac is still intact in the car, i might see if a appliance store can come up and do it, supposed to be free so people dont vent it into the air, this is turning out to be a major parts swap, should take another two weeks.
snellgrove

Post by snellgrove »

ah, free is a good price 8) fair play, incentive to prevent you venting it, thats pretty good :)
1997, Silver, V6

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”