Who else is MADLY in love with their mx-3?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Franko
Supporting Member

Who else is MADLY in love with their mx-3?

Post by Franko »

I went out to dinner with my dad for his birthday last night and I started talking about how I love my car so much. He understands but then he said "Remember, There is a fine line between having a hobby and having a mental illness". Its a funny line but I dont really think that many of us are mentally ill, I just call it "passion".
Now seriously, Who else on here is totally in love with their mx-3? Like not to the point where youre trying to marry it but like it is just your most valuable posession. I cant even describe how much I love driving my car.. I had to drive it across the street last night to get the bumper fitted on and it was risky because there is no insurance on it. It was only like 50 feet away but as soon as I got out onto the street I couldent help myself and had to go for just a little drive.. Its been months since Ive felt boost and heard the stereo and engine.. It was so fantastic I couldent believe it.
I am only 22 now and I am willing to bet that the people around my age are more likely to feel the same then people who are closer to 30. Id say the 30+ year olds are intrested more in their family and buying a house or something.. As of right now though I cant see me ever getting bored of this car.. I just love it so.
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

*goes out and hugs MX* i love you
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Hmmm.. well seeing as how I fit into that 30+ crowd.. I'd have to be either sick or in love with my MX-3.. How else do you explain the urge to put Lambo Doors on it? ;)

Tunes67
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

I haven't driven mine for 2 months, man i miss her. Everytime i drive it i can't help but to have a smile on my face...the power, the handling, and all the toys i've installed, it's such a blast to drive. There are no words to describe the joy of driving an Mx-3, even in stock form I was the same way, the upgrade just enhanced it a bit :D. As Mazda's motto was at the time of the Mx-3's release "It Just Feels Right", which is absolutely true.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

My mx is my second most valuable possesion, first being my fiance' :D I am purposly moving from where I am now to a place that has a garage so I can work on my car 365 days a year. My fiance' is into cars, so she understands, but sometimes she does get jealous! :lol: btw, I am 27 going on 28
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
Neil

Post by Neil »

When I wrote my first MX-3 off in November last year I couldn't believe how much I missed driving my car and even looking at it sitting in my driveway, I had wanted a MX-3 since I was 15 and I finally got one the day before I turned 19. So in February of course I bought another MX-3 I’ve only driven it a few times since I bought it and it immediately went on storage insurance. But if I learned anything from my last MX-3, it’s that this new one is going to be treated 100x better than the old MX-3. I’d have to say I love my MX-3 just because when it was gone it felt really weird. Driving my parents KIA just wasn’t the same.
Ever notice anyone driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac?
01-03 Civic Projector Swap Tutorial
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

LOL, my soon to be wife (only 4 more days of freedom!) says I would marry my cars if I could. I said no, I wouldn't, but I do enjoy my hobby. Now that winter and this wedding are overwith maybe now I can get to work on my GS finally.
93-Spec-Edn

Post by 93-Spec-Edn »

Yep being in school means I havent driven my mx for 2 months now. I miss it and think of it every day. Cant wait for easter break in 10 days. I will get a month to drive it. Gotto love that v6 engine noise.
92 mx-3 RS RIP | 95 mx-3 GS sold | 93 mx-3 GS SE sold | 95 mx-3 GS present
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

mines sat in the garage the entire winter, oh how i miss it. i make about 5 trips per night and just look at it......come on summer, come on summer!
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
RodbeyBur

Post by RodbeyBur »

I was out the other night and came out to see my MX3 sparkling in the moonlight. I felt the urge to ask it out on a date. :oops:
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

i love driving my mx3, so much fun, but still craving the turbo sensation.
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
Teal_93

Post by Teal_93 »

Well I'm 28 (gonna be 29 in April), been Married for 8 years to a woman who has no interest what so ever in cars & have 3 kids (all girls) :( . They are my pride & joy, but my MX-3 comes in a close 2nd :twisted: It's hard to divide money between house family & play :shrug:

I also have a 57 chevy to rebuild, but I just can't get past my MX-3 since it is so damn fun to drive :2thumbsup: & looks soooooo nice with a body kit. Besides it's not like i'm gonna lose any money off of my 57 Chevy from letting it sit for a while lol
DJ

Post by DJ »

Yeah I have a huge problem with not being able to stop driving my car. I'll head out to go and get something at the store that's a couple min away, and then end up going for like an hour or two drive down windey country roads.
snellgrove

Post by snellgrove »

:lol: funny thread, but so true

I think the MX-3 is the nicest car I have ever driven, its so much fun! its not the fastest, but its definately the most fun car I have ever driven, its also comfortable (absolutely brilliant seats) and makes a damn good noise (thank you V6!) ahh I love driving it

My last car, I never got the urge to take out for a drive... just, purely for a drive.. but the MX-3, I can barely stay at home :lol: I constantly just want to spend more time in there, howling along a good A-Road in that amazing driving position that you only get in a Coupe sort of car like that.

ahhhhhhhhhh
1997, Silver, V6
m92_MX3

Post by m92_MX3 »

i am only 17 and and its hard to see that the most vauble thing to me is my car, it might be when i had my license suspended for 4 months!!!! (if it was up to me i would have drivin it anyway) but my momput a lock on the garage door and simply said no lol, and when i got it back it was winter so i had no fun so now i am having to drive my moms 2nd car a 2000 ford taurs SEL and its a nice car just not the MX :( so i am not alone when i say i am not a big fan of winter.
CTC Racing
92 1.6L
93 323 Tranny, ACT clutch, Exhaust, cold air intake, MSD Blaster 2 coil, MSD 8.5mm super conductor wires NGK V-power platinum plugs,engine dress up,custom interior(almost done), GS front bumper, GS 5 spoke wheels Painted white.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”