New Subs

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
grey mx-3

New Subs

Post by grey mx-3 »

does anyone know anything about the fast and the furious sub's i heard they were good for you money from some people and others told me they were cheap and not to waste my money on that. What are the best sub's out their for your money. I am willing to spend a good amount but i dont want anything cheap that im gonna regret buying. Any suggestions would help thank you
MX-SLICK

Post by MX-SLICK »

Yes, they suck.

Best subs for your money are:

1. Adire shiva
2. Image dynamics IDQ
3. JL W3v2
4. Alpine type R,S or E
5.Orion P or C series
6. Infinity (any really)
7.MTX thunder series (there are many models)
8.Ultimate Ux or Uc i forget ..
9.Kaption SPL series

there are lots more...but i would opt for the Adire audio brand sub...the Shiva model is best in value (because they sound AWSOME) but adire also makes more expensive models that kick even more a--....
94' MX3 GS atx
93 geo storm GSi
99' Ford ZX2 mtx
2001 honda CBR 600
2000 kawasaki kx 500 MX
Ricksmx3
Supporting Member

Post by Ricksmx3 »

MX-SLICK wrote:Yes, they suck.

Best subs for your money are:

1. Adire shiva
2. Image dynamics IDQ
3. JL W3v2
4. Alpine type R,S or E
5.Orion P or C series
6. Infinity (any really)
7.MTX thunder series (there are many models)
8.Ultimate Ux or Uc i forget ..
9.Kaption SPL series

there are lots more...but i would opt for the Adire audio brand sub...the Shiva model is best in value (because they sound AWSOME) but adire also makes more expensive models that kick even more a--....
You got to throw in audiobahn. I got 2 12's in my car and they sound awesome.
2010 MazdaSpeed 3
Show_MX

Post by Show_MX »

You REALLY need to go to a stereo shop and ask about the brands they carry and listen to them installed in a car...not in their sound room. EVERYONE has a different opinion on which subs are best.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Yeah, b/c I have some Audio Bahns in my GFs car and I think they stink. That is b/c I've had JLs (good) Kicker (good) Kenwood (crap) Infinity (not bad, but lack punch) and Boston Acoustics, the best I've ever heard for the money they boom and are super crisp when powered correctly. However the most immportant thing to a sub is it's amp ao make sure you get very good amps before you worry about which sub you want. You have to think about it this way the amp is what makes a sun sound the way it does so an awesome sub will sound like crap on a Sony amp. I'd suggest the new JL amps, one 500 watt powering my 12" Boston is louder and more crisp then any other 2 12s except the JLW series that I've heard.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

I really reccomend PowerAcoustic FUBR12 This is one of the best sounding 12's ive ever owned
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
2fazed
Supporting Member

Post by 2fazed »

Entry level subs from a name brand like Alpine, Kicker, JL Audio, MTX, etc will be fine. The important factor is the amp, not sub. You buy a cheap amp, that's what kind of sound you get.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
Pearl-JapSpec

Post by Pearl-JapSpec »

2 12' RF HE2's no complaints here.
runnin on 1400 watts right now, in my moms benz :?
Car Out Of Order For Now...
2 weeks In counting till re-incarnation!!
New G-Force Front Bumper!!
-_-_-_- Pics On Site -_-_-_-
http://members.cardomain.com/mx3_junkee
MX-SLICK

Post by MX-SLICK »

Audiobahns are just noisemakers...yeah they can pound but they sound like crap. I actually baught 2 aw1051t's in a ported box and they sound like hell. Audiobahn is more show, making ALOT of noise and looking 'super cool' so people will hop to and buy a hole audiobahn system that sounds like crap. Stick to quality...Take a look at the Adire shiva, it looks extremly basic...almost like a generic woofer that you would buy at radioshack...but they sound soooo good its amazing. IDQ's sound nice aswell.
94' MX3 GS atx
93 geo storm GSi
99' Ford ZX2 mtx
2001 honda CBR 600
2000 kawasaki kx 500 MX
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

My friend that worked for a sound shop, had a single L715 (15' kicker square) in the back of his 95 integra. He had it in a folded horn box, and it lifted the hatch over a half inch while it was latched. Incredible clarity when the sound it turned low. There is an ebay store that sells them for about 75% off. [/url]
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
Ricksmx3
Supporting Member

Post by Ricksmx3 »

MX-SLICK wrote:Audiobahns are just noisemakers...yeah they can pound but they sound like crap. I actually baught 2 aw1051t's in a ported box and they sound like hell. Audiobahn is more show, making ALOT of noise and looking 'super cool' so people will hop to and buy a hole audiobahn system that sounds like crap. Stick to quality...Take a look at the Adire shiva, it looks extremly basic...almost like a generic woofer that you would buy at radioshack...but they sound soooo good its amazing. IDQ's sound nice aswell.
Disagree. Guess youve never heard mine.
2010 MazdaSpeed 3
MX-SLICK

Post by MX-SLICK »

Folded horn boxes are awsome. They are almost impossible to make..the amount of tuning that has to go in to a proper folded horn enclosure is out of this world, but when its all said and done, i have seen people gain 20db! from a folded horn. Good examples of folded horns are Cerwin vega's Pro audio line.

The only downside is they take up alot of space.

Image[/img]
94' MX3 GS atx
93 geo storm GSi
99' Ford ZX2 mtx
2001 honda CBR 600
2000 kawasaki kx 500 MX
MX-SLICK

Post by MX-SLICK »

Folded horn boxes are awsome. They are almost impossible to make..the amount of tuning that has to go in to a proper folded horn enclosure is out of this world, but when its all said and done, i have seen people gain 20db! from a folded horn. Good examples of folded horns are Cerwin vega's Pro audio line.

The only downside is they take up alot of space.

94' MX3 GS atx
93 geo storm GSi
99' Ford ZX2 mtx
2001 honda CBR 600
2000 kawasaki kx 500 MX
MX-SLICK

Post by MX-SLICK »

oops...double post...
94' MX3 GS atx
93 geo storm GSi
99' Ford ZX2 mtx
2001 honda CBR 600
2000 kawasaki kx 500 MX
xNeuspeedx

Post by xNeuspeedx »

MX-SLICK wrote:Yes, they suck.
Not really. They're the older Rockford Fosgate Punch's, and they pound with almost every type of amp.

In fact, i've heard two RF Punch's plugged in with a tiny 100 watt Pioneer amp, and it literally sounded like they where putting out at least 550 watts per sub, rattling the frame of the car.

Of course they where only 10"s...

:shrug: :werd:
One for me, one for dirt lickers.

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”