May event, Inviting Clubprotege.com Members?

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
BuGS

May event, Inviting Clubprotege.com Members?

Post by BuGS »

Hey I was thinking about maybe inviteing the Clubprotege.com Members out of seattle to the Snoqualime Falls Event in May. I know one for Sure will have his GTX engine in and they seem like pretty kewl guys. I was just wondering if that would be ok and whatnot? More the merrier right? 8)

Clayton
MX-West Car Club

Post by MX-West Car Club »

We need to concentrate more on getting members and non-members out to our events before we start inviting any other clubs out with us.
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
n_o_s_21

Post by n_o_s_21 »

I think we need to concentrate on getting ANYONE out to our events. We've been invited to other clubs events, why not invite someone to ours. I think its a good chance to see more than just the 3,4, or 5 (whatever it is) cars that show up to the meets.
MX-West Car Club

You have to look at it from my perspective, which I don't think you can. You do realize that when we planned these events that they were for all MX-3 owners not other car owners. We're no different from any other club around town. When they have their club events/meets, it's for their club only. If you're not happy with the MX-3 turnouts at our last few meets, why don't you go out pound the pavement and round up as many MX-3 owners as you can and ask them to come to our events. I don't mind if you bring a friend or 2 to our meets, but when we're talking about a bigger number then it's "NO". If we were holding a joint/open invite meet with another club(s), that's fine with me if there's a wide range of different cars. Then you can invite all the frineds you want, the more the merrier.
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
Taras

Post by Taras »

I think it owuld be nice to see more Mx'ers come to the meets, but the reality is, that there will be less and less Mx'ers eventually. Unless it will become a classic like a Z240/280. So, eventually, we may have to go and hang out with Proteges, etc. Better than with Honda boys anyway.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

i could've came but its kinda too far
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Taras

Post by Taras »

Too far.....? Naaah. Just drive faster.....
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

Well It wouldn't be a whole club like MX-west. It would just be the few Local guys that read the forum. So its not gonna be like 12 proteges to 4 mx-3's. But I would just like to invite the 4-maybe 8 protege's that would enjoy a meet like that. Pretty much they do nothing as a group, and so why not come and hang around with us? It is the Mazda Family. I just don't want it to be like the Corksport Show and Shine where is was like 5 MX-3's out of the whole club, and one is there in Portland. I am kinda selfish thou because I really want to talk to a couple of them who will be running GTX engines. I will hopefully have my Turboed BP done by then. So I just think it would be nice to bring other people out to mess around with and talk performance with. But I will do what you say. After 5 days I didn't think anyone was gonna say anything so I posted an Invite on the clubprotege.com forums. I have really only had like 3 people that were even serious about it. So if you want me to un-invite em I can.

IMO I just think we should open up our expanse a little. Invite other groups of cars to hang out with us. But I am but a small voice because I live 6-7 hrs away from where all the action and the Club Location is really at.
RoundTop

Post by RoundTop »

At corksport it was 4 MX-3s AFAIR, and one was not a member of MX-West.

That said, I'll be trying to make it down this year, but it depends on my work schedule.
MX-West Car Club

After 5 days I didn't think anyone was gonna say anything so I posted an Invite on the clubprotege.com forums. I have really only had like 3 people that were even serious about it. So if you want me to un-invite em I can.
No, you just can't go an un-invite them after you already posted the invite on their forum. I'll let this invite slide this time. But in future it would be best that everyone ask me first if it's "OK or Not" to invite other clubs or people to our events especially larger groups. If it's 1 or 2 people, you can tell them to come along.
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

RoundTop wrote:At corksport it was 4 MX-3s AFAIR, and one was not a member of MX-West.

That said, I'll be trying to make it down this year, but it depends on my work schedule.
I was pretty sure there were 5 MX-3's down there and they are all Members. 1 from BC, 3 from Washington, then the 1 there from Portland. And I didn't see an MX-3 down there that wasn't with MX-west, I even saw a MX-6 that had the MX-west sticker...

But Kevin I do not think they will be bigger than us. It is only like 3-maybe 6 guys. Thats why I thought it would be cool to invite them. They have the same chassis pretty much and I know two of them will have GTX's so maybe they could talk tuneing with us.

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”