couple hp questions

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
MarkMoore

couple hp questions

Post by MarkMoore »

how much hp gains are we looking at for those thermal insulators i see advertised a lot at the top of the screen? OR would it be safe to say that thermal insulators are just a preventive measure in order that you don't lose hp due to excessive heat, and won't necessarily give you any hp, but maybe just restore some that you've lost throughout the life of the car?

also, the MS engine mounts... i read that they will give you an extra 2 hp or so... is this accurate?
1992 GS/RS Mutant Automatic
bmwm3guy

Post by bmwm3guy »

again the MS mounts will only help you to not lose hp... I have never heard any numbers but why spend 400$ on MS mounts when you can spend 30$ on some Urethane, fill the mounts with it, and that does the job for 300$+ less.
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

It keeps your intake manifold from getting too hot. So when you first turn on the car, a car with phenolic spacers won't make any more power than a stock engine. However, once your car heats up, the intake manifold on our cars gets crazy hot, robbing power. Phenolics cut the temperature some to regain a few HP that you loose from a hot manifold.
dewthis

Post by dewthis »

I think david coleman ran low 16's maybe high 15's on a stock GS w/phenos(if u search u will find it). This is about the only real world app. that as been documented on here.
65 shot > V8

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”