A tip for keeping the windows from fogging

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
mamoo

A tip for keeping the windows from fogging

Post by mamoo »

Here in Toronto, we had yet another cold snap, with the temperature once more dipping below -10 ( :evil: ).

I've always been highly annoyed by the fact that the windows in my MX-3 (95 4-cylinder dohc) are constantly fogging up, forcing me to switch between the front to side vents. But a buddy of mind taught me a little trick.

Keep the heat on the front dash as usual, but switch on the air conditioning. It won't change the temperature at all, but it seems to act as a sort of dehumidifier, to prevent condensation. It works great.

Just thought I'd mention it ...
ScooterBovine
Supporting Member

Post by ScooterBovine »

This only applies to those of you that still have A/C in your vehicle :D
No more MX-3.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Surprised you didn't know that little gem. After spending 5 years on the west coast you need to be able to deal with the moisture problems (summer and winter). Hope you're not running the fan/heater on re-circ. That's a guarantee for window fogging - always, always, always on fresh, except when runnung AC in the summer.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

Dehumidifying the air is also good for preventing drivers fatigue and is highly recommended. The hot humid air direct from the heater is a good sleeping tablet. Its also a lot more comfortable.
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
Split Sixer

Post by Split Sixer »

damn i wish i had ac in my car. My windows are always fogging up in the winter. =/ i sometimes have to have one of my windows rolled down
Splixer
phillyMX3mayn

Post by phillyMX3mayn »

picture me in the middle of winter with both windows down, sunroof open, and heat on number 4
-Steve

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”