Intake

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
TrickMX-3

Intake

Post by TrickMX-3 »

Hi, im not part smart i dont know all this stuff so please bare with me. I was wondering if there is cold air intakes for 94' Dohc because i cant seem to find any, its like theres nothing out there for the car its driving me crazy but i look at some of your rides and there hooked up so phat i want to know how you do it. Well give me some feedback alright thanks.
Jon
Joey's mx

Post by Joey's mx »

you could buy the SOHC intake off ebay and make it work!!! Or even a civic cold air intake and custom fit it!!
TrickMX-3

How

Post by TrickMX-3 »

How would you custom fit it? Wouldnt that make problems later? Or do you buy special parts for it?
Redlined

Post by Redlined »

Get one from an integra or a civic and all you need to do is chop a bit off the end. Make sure you clean it out nicely though. You do not want any metal shavings geting sucked in! Its no major modification to the intake system just a little bit of cutting to make it fit.
TrickMX-3

Thanks

Post by TrickMX-3 »

THanks for the input ill need that. I have a problem with my hood shuttin all the way it wont idk y is there some kind of clamp i need to fix or what. Also whats a cheap way to get horsepower, is there any sites you know of that specializes in MX-3 because i cant seem to find nething on them, im sorry im not the smartest when it comes to this but i want to learn it all because i love my mazda, before this i had myself a civic hatch but i sold it so now this is my baby so i want to make it hot. So let me know alright thanks.Jon
phillyMX3mayn

Post by phillyMX3mayn »

what years integras and civics and how much off the end must u cut? thanks
-Steve
Joey's mx

Post by Joey's mx »

89-91 crx cold air intake!! you will see when you have the intake in your hands were to cut it....it all depends on how you want to run it!!!!
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

Hey, trick if you get an intake or something and need assistance with the install, I might be able to help ya out. I live in Burlington, about 45 min or so away from You
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
TrickMX-3

Ok

Post by TrickMX-3 »

Alright 93, idk much about cars right now so it would help alot if you could do that, i want to make my car nice but idk how.
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

sounds good man. Drop me an email : blackmarketbaby77@yahoo.com And we'll hook somethin up, i'll give you my # or whatever
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”