AIRFLOW RESISTOR CHIP

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Tunni

AIRFLOW RESISTOR CHIP

Post by Tunni »

Hey guys. Does anybody have any idea as to how to hook up an airflow resistor to my mass airflow sensor? I just got one but am having problems hooking it up. Any help would be great!
What

Post by What »

? like restrcition in the intake, or variable resistance pot in a circuit?
Tunni

Post by Tunni »

It is just a resistor to fool the computer into thinking that it is getting more cold air than it actually is.
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

you dont hook it up, its garabage and wont add any power in truth it will probably take away some power and in some cases can cause harm to the motor by running to rich
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
Domnknpimp

Post by Domnknpimp »

Its very simple to hook up... Just pick any wire under the hood, cut it, and put the resistor in between... will probably get better results that way. Like Papa Roach said, its GARBAGE. If your car is running too lean, it might help you out a bit... for about +/- 5 seconds before the computer overrides it and it goes back to normal. But hey maybe in that time you can win a really quick race out of your drive way...
What

Post by What »

When I was looking for power, I candy coated my valve cover!!!!!

That would be for the intake air temp sensor, or some of the ebay guys sell ones for your coolant temp. It shouldn't be referred to as an airflow resistor as that doesn't tell you ,the consumer of your airflow resistor, anything.

More fuel won't do you any good without more air, these cars run too rich as the boys say.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”