MX-3 Parts

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
Syruz

MX-3 Parts

Post by Syruz »

Im thinking about getting an MX-3. Probably a 93 GS if I can find one.<P>When stuff breaks how hard is it to find parts for the car? Also how reliable is the car? I want a car that is somewhat reliable.<P><P>------------------<BR>Syruz86@hotmail.com
David Coleman

Re: MX-3 Parts

Post by David Coleman »

Actually, these cars are incredibly reliable.<BR>I have raced mine hard [both on the track and daily on the street] and all I have had go wrong was the stock Clutch wasn't up to par with racing that much...<BR>The only standard failure is the Valve cover gaskets. This results in oil in the spark plug chambers. It is not a huge problem, and actually it is rather cheap to replace for the average DIY-er. <BR>For other questions like this, you might want to check <A HREF="http://www.egroups.com/messages/mazdamx-3owners" TARGET=_blank>this site</A>. It is the MX-3 mailing list on Egroups. <BR>Hope this helps!<P>------------------<BR>David Coleman <B>#2</B><BR>1993 Mazda MX-3 GS Special Edition<BR>1/4 mile: 16.05 @ 85.7mph<BR><B>Update!</B>ACT II is now in! see ya at the strip!<BR><B>Updated Nov 5th</B><A HREF="http://www.PinkMX-3.com" TARGET=_blank>PinkMX-3.com</A> <A HREF="http://www.mx-3.com/people/ownerdetail.cfm?OwnerID=59" TARGET=_blank>MX-3.com registry</A>
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
TelticDesigns

Post by TelticDesigns »

have the cv joints checked also a common i have two mx-3's both needed other than that no problems ever good luck
mx32nv2000

Post by mx32nv2000 »

I do not recommend a 1992 GS....<BR>I bought mine used ....maybe that was a mistake..So far I have replaced the engine, the distributor, the clutch, brakes, plugs/wires, catalytic convertor, replaced the engine a second time because it was burning oil(they are notorious for this), water pump, they aren't that great on gas...<P>Im being honest!<P>Other than that they look nice!!! pretty good pick up, and are better than freaking hondas which are as common as water.....<BR>I think I just picked a lemon though, but the guy at Mazda told me that the 92's were known for burning oil...so chose wisely...<P>Good Luck....
Syruz

Post by Syruz »

Thanks for the replies. I will consider this when I go car shopping.<P>------------------<BR>Syruz86@hotmail.com
JFERRELL20

Post by JFERRELL20 »

I also had problems with my cv joints, busted both of them<P><BR>justin<BR>92 gs

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”