No Lights or Sound!!!!! Help!!!!!

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Marlon

No Lights or Sound!!!!! Help!!!!!

Post by Marlon »

just a few hours ago i get an muffler installed and when it was done i got into the car and my clock was flashing 1:36 when it was like 9:20, my radio would turn on but no sound and my interior lights didn't turn on<BR>did they cut some wires or is something just unpluged?<BR>please help me out tomoorws my b-day and i don't wanna drive an hour to wonderland with no radio<BR>lol<BR>thanks<P>ohh ya and at stop sings when i take my foot off the gas the rpm drops and almost stalls <BR>i thouht it could be my gas cable but it was fine before i installed the high flow muffler<BR><p>[This message has been edited by Marlon (edited August 20, 2001).]
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
cemcintosh

Re: No Lights or Sound!!!!! Help!!!!!

Post by cemcintosh »

I had the same problem. It was a busted fuse... Check the fuse box next to the pedals. I think it says Light or Interior light. If that doesnt work, I cant help. This should be it though, because your radio gets power it will turn on, but it doesnt get 12 continous volts of power, therefore it wont play.
mazdasound

Post by mazdasound »

I dunno about the first part but my car had the same problem with almost stalling. Right after the air filter box is a flexible plastic piece. Mine had a hole on the bottom where it had worn through. hope that helps.<P>
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

i cleaned the air filter a few days ago and it's prob not on right<BR>thanks<P>ohh ya i replaced the fuse and the lights work but now my stero won't even turn on<BR>any1 know why>
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”